Striped Yoyo Threads Duncan

So I recentley got a new yoyo called the ducan orbital gtx ive had it for a day now and when I was unscrewing the yoyo there was a loose inverted stuck axel I got it out without any effort and when I checked the inside threads were broken what should I do

I don’t want to get my dad angry telling him that I broke the yoyo

pls help

ANOTHER NOTE: the inside of the yoyo before it striped was pretty dirty and when I put the axel in it had a LOT of trouble it was also grindy as hell

This was a brand new orbital gtx right?

As long as you were not cranking the yoyo it should not lost its threads. I have had an orbital gtx for a while and it doesn’t have this problem . Sounds like it may be a defective yoyo.

I would try contacting the yoyo retailer that sold you the yoyo. If you bought it from yoyoexpert they will take care of it.

There are a couple ways that people can fix a yoyo but try contacting the seller first as the yoyo will never be the same. I used super glue on a yoyo to fix it and is now super vibey.

Ya I was not cranking the yoyo or screwing in in at a awkward angle one of the threads just broke and it went downhill

Are the threads in the yoyo stripped or just the axle? If it’s just the axle you can get a replacement axle and you’re chillin.

If that’s not the case tho, contact Duncan and they should be able to help. Have had a GTR replaced by them when it was stripped and it was a good experience. You’ll be fine either way!

1 Like

Ouch that sucks man

1 Like

Contact the seller see if they can help if not replace the axle and use a very small amount of thread locker on the yoyo half that’s damaged. Most likely you’ll never take the axle out of that side again but that’s your closest thing to a fix if the seller can’t help you. Note this might add sone vibe

This was probably you stripping the Yoyo. Gotta be careful. If it felt grindy and you kept grinding it in, that was probably when the stripping happen. Threads probably weren’t aligned. Good luck and I hope you can fix it.

1 Like