Strings

Just remember that more expensive strings tend not only to play better, but to last longer as well.

Something to keep in mind regarding the dragon strings is they play for a very long time. They even spring back to life if you run them through a wash/dry cycle.

There are several different string types/brands I like (personal favorites are Toxic, Twisted, Kitty, and Stringlab), this is just a response to your comment about the spendiness of the dragon.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Here’s my two cents:

Cheap-o string:
100% poly, type 6. I prefer white and bright yellow. There are a few basic differences between manufacturers, but they’re inexpensive enough to rack up quite a collection.

Mid-range handmades:
Kitty String. Love it, love it, love it. Great durability, the standard version is soft enough for every day play, and it just feels better. A little heavier than standard poly string.

High-end handmades:
Twisted Stringz Type D. Super thick, super heavy, super durable. Takes some getting used to, but it is amazing.

In the end? I say buy a lot of the cheap, a bit of the mid-range, and a few packs of the high-end. Variety is the spice of life, after all!

Cheers,
Dr. B