Strings similar to cloud strings

A little while ago I threw a cloud string version 2 I to a yye order. I really dig it on certain throws. It lends itself to a very particular style of play. Pretty fast and chippy, and the most bounce I have ever experienced. Any strings that are similar to these? Is this just how pure nylon plays? This is my first all nylon string.

1 Like

A couple options…

Plutonium or Venom from YoYoStringLab are both pretty good - fast and ‘bouncy’ is very much how I would describe them:

And then from Markmont. Formulas try Cumulus Foam:
This formula thickness is actually slightly ‘thicker’ then DRAGON, but with a very comparable speed and zero ‘chug’. On bearing you can feel the glide of the strings fibers move with a nice smooth continuous glide. On fingers it plays slightly more soft to the touch compared to DRAGON and boast quiet the vibrant ‘punch’ in person. Very solid option for stage use. Cumulus Foam can be machine washed to extend its lifeline and freshness.

Also - Markmont Formulas 65 definitely worth a try just because as I would also describe it similarly - maybe a little less bounce - but its all around amazing. :blush:

3 Likes

PS: If you want to try something totally ‘insane’ try Night Moves:

It literally creates ‘hooks’ with no effort.

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations! I have tried all but plutonium. I actually have them strung on different throws right now depending on playstyle I prefer for the particular yoyo.

1 Like