String wraps on bearing?

In an ideal world how many wraps do you like on your 0a or 2a yoyos?

1 Like

Assuming I understand you right, and you’re talking about double wraps (or more?) on the axle loop, I prefer just the loop and no wraps. I’ve heard of double wrapping to increase response, but that’s not usually the first thing I think of when trying to get more response. But now that you mention it, I might try it on my WoodZ which has never really responded well enough from the other methods I’ve tried (thicker string, chapstick and trying to roughen the inner wall of the axle).

1 Like

I like to put the string on just like a 1a yoyo. No wraps. Unless it is a raider I usually don’t need extra string wraps

1 Like

No wraps needed I try really hard to never need to wrap. If it needs one I do a thicker string.

1 Like

Any one here putting wraps on a bearing yoyo?

1 Like

I have a few brain yo-yos with transaxles those need a wrap or two and I’ll do a wrap on like my kids fixed axle first yo-yos I’ve double wrapped s few bearing yo-yos. The Janus or deepstate but ended up nodding them eventually to get the response I wanted instead.

I also have a few very old wood yo-yos with worn axles that I’ve double wrapped only because I haven’t the heart to cut and replace the axle yet

3 Likes

I double wrap the D3 as well as a few others

1 Like