String Testers Wanted

Got mine today

any first thoughts about it so far?

Hey guys, glad to hear you like it, but could you please post your compliments/complaints/opinions in the forum. I might use these as testimonials when I set up a website. BTW people who have not yet received string, I’m slowly working on it, just made 10 more. It’s slow because I make each one individually. I also have 2 orders I’m working on, a job, school, drumming, ice fishing, etc. So don’t worry I will ship EVERYBODY’S by the end of the week

Take your time, we all have lives outside of yoyo’ing!!! We know how busy things can get.

[/quote]
Take your time, we all have lives outside of yoyo’ing!!! We know how busy things can get.
[/quote]
I agree, take your time. I am very excited to get mine though!

ok, so I got mine yesterday. I won’t give a full review until I really put it through is paces, but first impressions are good. Good bounce, great tension, and it lasts longer than store bought poly. A few more days of everything I can throw at it, and I’ll be set. I will say this though. Big yoyo, if you decide to sell this string, I’ll take 50 :wink:

Sounds like quality stuff!!! can’t wait to try it

great string man i love it

I just got mine. I’ll edit this post to add some pics later. They look very high quality. Pulling them they feel nice and bouncy. I am not the biggest fan of the blue but I think I’ll buy some just to have the whole spectrum and it’s nice to have in case I get an all white or chrome/polished yoyo(because they match with all colors). They also look very consistent. If what I’ve heard about these being for sale and the pricing, i might be getting 50-100(assuming they will be for sale and he produces that many per order). I’ll be giving one to TheRyanFace1 so he can also test them and write a review too. But enough chit chat. Let’s get throwing!

Hey yeah get better and I pm’d you a message and I really hope your string is a big hit and If it is I would like to maybe buy some

Here’s my review on these “unknown” strings that Big Yoyo sent me to test out. This review is basically set up like a review on High Speed Yo-yo

Yo-yo used: CLYW Avalanche

First Impressions:

I was really excited to receive these strings and test them out, but I kind of forgot that Big Yoyo sent them to me, because it’s been a while since I told him that I wanted to test them out. Anyways, when I first opened the little plastic bag that they came in, the first obvious thing that I realized were the colors of the string that I received, which were orange, green, and red. I threw them for a while on my Avalanche and I was really impressed by how good they played.

Texture:

The feel of these strings would be a mix between Toxic Strings and the usual YYE 100% polyester strings. It’s hard to explain, but like the 100% polyester string which feel sorta like wax, and Toxic Strings which feel something like Kevlar, it’s a mix between those two, so it’s a bit waxy and somewhat “tougher”, I guess you could say.

Whips, slack, etc:

First of all, I love how these strings preform whips and slack tricks. I’m not really into whips and slacks but these strings work really well with basically any trick that involves a whip or some type of slack. Another thing that I love is how they preform when doing Suicides. The first thing I did when I put this string on my Avalanche was a Suicide and I landed it quite a few times in a row. Compared to my 100% polyester string, this string preforms… I would say about 45% better than the YYE 100% polyester at preforming Suicides, and other whips and slack tricks.

Binds:

Binds with these strings are really snappy, kind of like my Toxic String. The only problem that I have with the binds with these strings, is that they snag a little and are a tiny bit more responsive, but after a few minutes of play it seems to go away, so I guess they just need to be broken in. I love doing Suicide Binds, so I thought would throw some of them at this string and see how it would handle it, and to my surprise it handled it really well. Compared to my YYE 100% polyester string, I like the binds on this new string better. Again, really snappy, which I love.

String Tension:

This string really holds tension well. I threw 4-5 combos at it, and still didn’t lose tension like expected. Compared to my YYE 100% polyester, it holds tension about 3x longer. This string can also last a long time. Not as long as Toxic or Kevlar, but it can last quite a which, which is something that everyone that throws would like to find in string.

Final Thoughts:

I really like this string a lot. It surprised me by the performance it gave me and after a few hours of playing with this string all I could do was applause for the great job it did. I prefer this over YYE 100% polyester and Toxic String, but that’s just my opinion. This string is just really that good. I really wish that I could have received some purple, but I’m not complaining, I love this string and I’m definitely going to pick some up from Big Yoyo very very soon. The color of this string is also a thing that surprised me, because I haven’t exactly seen string that had a dark and light color before and I think it’s an amazing effect that I have to give Big Yoyo a big thumbs up for, I love it.
If you wanna try some new strings out, definitely consider sending Big Yoyo a Personal Message and ask him can you test it, because, again this string is amazing.

Good job Big Yoyo, you’ve really outdone yourself making such great strings :wink:

P.S: Consider sending me some purple strings to test, haha.

Rats, I log off the forum for a few weeks and i miss free sting. Let me know if there will be more tests in the future.

You could ask him. He probably won’t mind…

Well… I was going to write a review, but you summed up pretty much exactly what I wanted to say haha.

Big yoyo. Please pm me if you’re selling string. I want more, and I’ll pay this time! :smiley:

LMK if you want another string tester

After seeing review’s can’t wait for mine to show up!

Me too! I’m about out of string too!

Hey guys incase your wondering, I have been very busy lately, but I got everybodys string out EXCEPT Chris’s and The person in Canada. The reason is 1 I wanted time to improve my string if negative reviews came back, and 2 these guys needed more string so I put them on the end of the list. But today or tomorrow everybody else who hasnt gotten theirs should have, and for you two I mentioned above, well good things come for those who wait

Yea, I saw that no one had written a full review for the string yet, so I thought it would be cool to be the first.

But, I’m sure Big Yoyo could always use your opinion on his string as well :slight_smile:

Awesome!! Cant wait, this stuff sounds promising!!