String Making Questions

OK, I have been making string for a month or so and I have found a string that seems to be working. The only problem is that when I’m done making the string its a little fuzzy, almost like I was throwing w/ it for 5 - 10 minutes. I have gotten some that come out nice and the fuzzy ones work still, I just want to make sure I’m not doing something wrong. I am also using 100% poly Toldi-Lock by Gutermann, should I use something else?

it might just be the thread or your twisting it to tight?

1 Like

I was thinking it might be too tight but I spun some w/ less tension and it was the same so it is prob just the thread. It doesn’t change play so I guess its really no big deal.

as long as it doesnt effect play i wouldnt be worried about it.

Its the thread. I know cuz i have used it also and the same happends to mine, if you want switch to coats & clark, they have glow in the dark thread, rainbow thread, all colors, and it high end quality.
GOOD LUCK! ;D

after you have finished wrapping your string 7 times tie it up so thhat when you finish it does not loosen up. i know from experience.

Is it fuzzy or more bumpy? If it’s fuzzy, it probably is your thread. If it’s bumpy, you tightened it too much and gave it too much slack.

Ya, it’s just fuzzy. I have over spun the string in the past, getting bumps, but this time its just fuzz. I’ll have to find another thread, but I’ll use this one up first.