String and response for rally

So im ordering a onedrop rally and i want to order kitty strings. so what type should i get to the rally?
and should i get the spare 4 onedrop groove response pads? after how long will the rally stock ones wear out?
Thanks!!!

String is a hard question to answer because it is all about preference. I let people try my Rally at a contest today and people either liked or hated the type of string I hate on it. (for the record, thin variant Toxic Snake String).

It is always good to have extra pads on hand. I have quite a few One Drops and rarely have to change the pads, they last a good while. I maybe change them after 6 months of play… if that.

wait you were at Ohio states?

Did i see you…?

i’m not sure. I was the tall guy in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. I didn’t get a chance to stay for the whole contest. Between my allergies keeping me up and having to get back to help get my daughter ready for band camp tomorrow I ended up leaving around 2:30PM. I had a blast while I was there.

Yep I saw you all right.

I was the kid with the Buzz cut, blue yoyoexpert case.

Throwing a rally… Black/purple High tops/

Yeah I did see you :smiley:

Also, the OD Rally takes Flowgrooves.

Kitty string should work fine for this yoyo.

I replaced the bearing with a KK… The stock bearing is fine but I wanted it to be a tad more stable and with the smaller gap the KK helps it spin longer. Also I am running Fat Kitty and loving it (the KK helps that)

As for response… Flow Groove pads last forever… Like… forever…

How did you get thin Snakes? I emailed Toxic Strings asking if they had any they would sell me, but never got a reply.

[quote=“latnay90,post:8,topic:57142”]
They are still considered prototype. Evan made some for me to see if I liked them since I am a member of the Toxic team. I loved them so he continues to make them for me. We still don’t know if they will make it to market.

[quote=“saintrobyn,post:9,topic:57142”]

I hope they do make it through the process. BG1’s and Snakes are my favorite strings, and as soon as I heard that there is a thinner version of the Snakes I wanted to get some badly. Thanks for the info.

[quote=“latnay90,post:10,topic:57142”]

Sounds like something I need for my Surge. Also wanna know if Zypes will ever be released!

[quote=“MYNAMEISZen,post:11,topic:57142”]

Last time I heard, Paul Dang was slaving away making hundreds of them.

1 Like

So the fat kitty will work well with he stock bearing?

Yes it will work fine…

Flow groove pads will last for a VERY long time.

[quote=“paul_dang,post:12,topic:57142”]

This actually made me laugh, and it’s hard for written word to make me laugh. What are Zypes though, I’ve never heard of them?