Steam Would Not Open On My Computer

Hello Friends, I am a new member on this forum and I did not find any suitable area to create a topic, so I am posting the thread here. If any mistake please apologize me.

I have been playing games on Steam for a long day. But recently I am encountering a weird issue that when I try to open Steam for playing games, it would not open. I use the Steam app, but when I use the web version, it could open easily. I have no idea what could be the issue. Could someone please help me to find out the issue? Thank you,

Have you tried the old reliable computer restart?

1 Like

Yes, a hard boot is always the best start!

Welcome to the forum! We mainly discuss yoyos so might not have many computer experts here but we might be able to help regardless! Some of us are gamers I know.

What operating system are you using?

Ivan

If your on windows, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and that will open task manger. If the steam app is open, right click it and press end task. Then try re-launching steam

4 Likes

Restart your computer. If that doesn’t work, reinstall Steam. If that doesn’t work, go throw a yoyo.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your support. Sorry I forget to respond here. Actually yesterday I have resolved the issue with the help of this article. The tasks which I have done. First I updated the graphics drivers, then cleared the Steam cache and then reinstalled Steam. After doing the tasks properly, the problem got solved. Now I have no longer any issues while opening Steam. Thank you once again.

4 Likes

Well done @PrestonMeyer !

1 Like