Starter Sets?

When you go to the Yoyoexpert homepage and you look at the Starter Sets, it shows pis of the YYF Starter Set, a DM2, and a Legacy 2. Does anyone know anything about the release of those sets? Or if they’re even going to release?

What is the URL/Link you are referring to?

I think this:

But the image on the YYE Home Page does show  what appears to be a red DM2 “starter kit”, but it also shows teh YYF starter kit.

OK, so if you go to the YYE YYF page the first item is the YYF starter set.

The YYJ page does not make any reference to a starter set.

Thus in my small mind there is no YYJ starter set with a DM or Legacy to be had.

The yoyo in the YYF starter set looks a lot like a YYF whip or GM w/o hubstacks, both of which are considerably lower priced than the DM or Legacy. As a starter set is supposed to be somewhat low priced, this, to me confirms my suspicion that there is no starter set w/the DM or Legacy.

Check the image on the home page. Here’s a quick screen capture with some “marks” to help focus attention. It’s just an image that needs to be swapped out.

http://www.studio42.info/yoyo/images/yye-starter-oops.jpg

I can see where the confusion could be coming from.

I think the reason the DMII is considered a starter is because it has the slim bearing.

As Icthus said the Dm2 by itself is a “starter set”.

OK, and if you click that link it takes you to the YYF starter set.

I agree the DM2 by itself is a starter set, but I’m looking at it from a bigger perspective. Worked quite nicely for me, and I’d recommend it for anyone.

Right, but with the DM2 image, it could lead to an issue that I’ll talk about via PM only so as to not give ideas to overly litigious visitors. I think if a new category of “Starter Sets” was made and the DM2 was one of many such items, that might be a good idea.

Not to take a harder stand, but from a perspective of clarity and lack of confusion, the picture should be changed. I had a client go through a similar problem but with a different product(not yoyo related). His legal team noticed something and had a change made as a result. It had a picture of a product that they no longer carried anymore(old product that was bought up by another company and then morphed into a different implementation of the product).

It’s not the link, it’s the content within the image. I’d just angle the picture portion of the YYF starter pack and make it bigger and lose the other content.

Hmmm… but then what is up with the YYE card in the pic too?

It’s just a graphic. Nothing is up with it. Move along… :slight_smile: