Beginner Yoyo?

Sorry if something has been posted before, but I’ve searched high and low and did not find anything related to this.

I’m a kinda beginner to yo-yo, I could throw a sleeper, do a forward pass, but that’s probably it.

Recently, in a second hand sale, a guy is offering my a Lyn Fury or Zannavi.

Which one should I get?

Thanks

Neither I would say. Pm me for a link to a great beginner yoyo or get a dv888, dm2, or velocity.

1 Like

Lyn Fury out of those two. What is your budget?

1 Like

If you are looking to get into modern unresponsive play check these out.

Recess First Base - has a slim and a full C bearing when you’re ready to start unresponsive

YoYoFactory Replay Responsive - just need a full size bearing to make it unresponsive when you’re ready.

YoYoFactory One Starter Kit - a really good kit to get you started.

1 Like

Your post said hitman earlier, and I’m still unclear about the nature of the sale. Is the guy someone you know, is it on ebay or something, or is it on this forums Buy sale trade section? A garage sale? If you can elaborate, it might help us answer your question better.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t think I’ll be able to get a yo-yo like velocity or classic or reply because of the outrageously high shipping, as I live in Asia. I recently met a person who’s selling me his yoyos, and he offered the LF, Zannavi, Duncan Throw Monkey, FHZ, Zero,and YYJ Matrixx. I don’t think I’ll get any Duncan as they require high maintenance, and I won’t be able to buy more friction pads (unless they are vastly better for me, I won’t buy a Duncan). Right now, I’m down to the zannavi and LF, as I heard they are good for beginners to intermediate and even higher up.

I read that the zannavi had an adjustable spacer which could change it from tug responsive to bind, but LF being the overall better yo-yo, so is there an actual comparison? I just wanna know which one is more suited for me.

Thanks

Out of your options I’d say the Lyn Fury. It has an adjustable gap as well for going from responsive to unresponsive play.

All of them are really outdated and not that great though. It’d be a lot easier on you after the intermediate level for you to get a better yoyo like the YYF Replay Pro if possible.

Okay thanks, I may be able to get a replay in the future. Our of curiousity, how is the zannavi worse compared to the Lyn Fury?

[quote=“python_wrestler,post:6,topic:82901”]
Sorry I don’t think I’ll be able to get a yo-yo like velocity or classic or reply because of the outrageously high shipping, as I live in Asia. I recently met a person who’s selling me his yoyos, and he offered the LF, Zannavi, Duncan Throw Monkey, FHZ, Zero,and YYJ Matrixx. I don’t think I’ll get any Duncan as they require high maintenance, and I won’t be able to buy more friction pads (unless they are vastly better for me, I won’t buy a Duncan). Right now, I’m down to the zannavi and LF, as I heard they are good for beginners to intermediate and even higher up.

I read that the zannavi had an adjustable spacer which could change it from tug responsive to bind, but LF being the overall better yo-yo, so is there an actual comparison? I just wanna know which one is more suited for me.

Thanks

I would get the duncan freehand and yoyojams if you have the money, you would like to, and you feel that they are at a reasonable price. Duncans can be run with worn out friction stickers, and if you want to keep any yoyo running, you need string, lube, and pads or silicone no matter what you have. You might also check to see if their are any yoyo stores you could get to. Maybe this one? Wanchai shop:
G/F Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre,1 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 25844146
Hope I helped.

The Lyn Fury is really a pretty nice little yoyo. It’s outdated, but it was a favorite of many back in the day.

This is true. The Lyn Fury was one of the better yoyos you could get a little over a decade ago. It should be solid for the beginner to intermediate and early advanced stages.

Thanks everyone! Guess I’ll get a Lyn fury then