Start a yoyo club??

Hey, me and 4 friends want to start a yoyo club at our school, but they wont take us seriously, any advise???

Show them that you are serious. Usually there are some forms to fill out. Also, you have to make sure there are some people that would be willing to join.

Not sure how security and all that works at your school, but you could just meet outside (depending on weather) and throw away until they take you seriously. Or make a petition. Nothing works better then a strongly worded letter signed by a bunch of people :slight_smile:

Props to you for wanting to start a club at school !

if you want to get people from your school or friends or everyone in your club you can promovate it with some public demonstrations or some videos on internet or why not a site so you need to show the beautyful part of yoyo-ing :wink:

ps:sorry if i made some gramatical errors ,i don’t speak very good english ;D

bahh, everyone that doesn’t throw doesn’t take yoyoing seriously.

Okay, if I were you, i would simply throw around school just to show what yoyoing is nowdays. Most people think that its the same thing as it was back in the 80s and 90s. Show them that they’re wrong.

Get a list of people that say that they’d like to learn. It doesn’t have to be big for a school club. maybe 10 or 20? that might even be too many. Just show them that people are interested.

If thy still dont like it, then you can for an ‘unofficial’ club. You wouldn’t get the benefits of being an official school club (having a place to meet every session, or school funded budget, etc) but you’d still be with other yoyoers, spreading helping the yoyoign community, and thats what its all about.

Plan an offical date, set time and all of that. Then you do the meetings. And then probably in about a month people will start to realize that their actually real. Then that’s when you give them the forums to fill out.

every week, my school has a 40 min all school meeting where people anounce sports, clubs, random things, or preform. i said i was starting a yoyo club, then preformed, and i got a few people. i preformed again today and i plan to have 2 or 3 new people (based on who talked to me today) join on friday

What you should do is just yoyo in front of a bunch of people and then they will take you seriously

I say make plans to meet at the same time/day(s) every week and make sure you stick to it. Keep pushing your teachers to help you guys out to get it started. Try and recuit others.

IF you can it would be cool to go to one of those T-Shirt Shops in teh mall and Design an Easy log with your club name on it.

SHOW SUPPORT YOURSELVES.

if your good show them

Hey whats a good idea is to get to know your administrators well. For me i don’t have a club or anything i just hang out with friends in the morning before classes start and just throw. i also just yoyo during lunch as well. after the administrator get to know who you are, what you do, and how well u do it they will take u seriously. i created a name for myself within my highschool as the “yoyo guy” i have been asked to perform yoyo for school play and just to entertain ppl. you just got entertain ppl first. since you have a group of friends who can yoyo juts meet up in the mornings or w/e and just throw. eventually ppl will see how good you are and take you seriously. My yoyoing with in the school has even lead me to a possibility of a sponsorship for my yoyoing with the school.