Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Here’s my mental image of you Ed

You merely adopted the wood. I was born in it, molded by it.

2 Likes

Okay. Other than V

1 Like

I don’t think Solo was even good. I liked the Chewbacca parts, and that’s about it.

3 Likes

I think that they can undo the damage done by the last Jedi by going back in time and changing the events in the last Jedi. Anyone with me?

1 Like

Interestingly good timing to your post.

I was just reviewing a very comprehensive 20 year study done by the International Society of Mortality Statistics.

They study death on the planet Earth.

Their conclusion was all people that were born on Earth have or will eventually die.

So technically speaking; the mortality rate stands at exactly 100 percent.

It was also recognized that if you live long enough; you will eventually get older.

So… it’s not getting older that should be of any pressing concern. It should be embraced on the upside. As opposed to ‘not living long enough to get older’ on the down side.

… (looks @codinghorror for no reason)

5 Likes

We’re here for a good time not a long time!!

3 Likes

going to rewatch the first 6 because the story was better

1 Like

I’m wondering if the scene with Rey and the double light saber is a “glimpse” scene. A what could’ve been. I think it’s in the new trailer to make people wonder. Or they are going to spin this whole thing on it’s head.

4 Likes

The theory is that it’s an “imagination” scene by the dark side protagonists, or Rey herself. Probably true. “What could be”

1 Like

I think it’s like the cave seen in Empire, where Luke sees what he could become.

Super UNhyped for this, which is a shame because I love Star Wars, but the last 3 movies haven’t felt like Star Wars.

Don’t get me started on the inconsistencies and plot armor. With a budget as massive as they have, there should be ZERO continuity errors.

Sidenote: Solo was a bad movie because it was a story that didn’t need to be told. Part of the charm of Han was that you never knew if he was lying or not. Did he really make the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs? You may have assumed he really did, or maybe he was just talking himself up to sound cool. Regardless, it detracted from the mysticism behind it by actually showing it.

I’m going to see it, no doubt, but I’m really not looking forward to inevitably seeing a non-Force user go toe-to-toe with a trained Jedi.

Finn survives this, btw.

3 Likes

The Mandalorian has some potential to be a good spin off

And the Obi Wan series/movie

1 Like

My mom always said if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all… so I shouldn’t say anything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think we all can agree that KotoR was the only good Star Wars thing. I’m kidding of course, but I will say after the new trilogy started coming out I realize I actually don’t enjoy any of the movies. Things like Rogue Squadron and KotoR though had me completely enthralled.

I just wanna know when they are going to make a sequel to this masterpiece!

3 Likes

If Empire Strikes Back was released today people would tear it apart. It’s cool to be cynical and also cool to like old stuff. People latch onto what Internet critics who want views for ad revenue say and parrot that instead of coming to their own conclusions.

4 Likes

Yes and no. I am meh about star wars in general. Don’t love, don’t hate. But I think the tone of the last movies has been kinda butt. I feel like The Last Jedi and Guardians of the Galaxy shouldn’t be similar movies in tone, but to me they feel that way. I really do hate this new version of movie where it feels like nothing is ever at stake. We kind of sit through it knowing that all of the new main characters are going to be saved by some stroke of dumb luck. And the tone at the ending of The Last Jedi? Everything went south for them and they are the only rebel forces left to fight against the Empire, but it’s an occasion to hug and smile and sing Kumbayah? Wut.

Force Awakens was dope. And it set up so many interesting little threads that would’ve been incredible, had any of them been built on or acknowledged in the Last Jedi. Hopefully the third movie brings redemption, but I am holding my breath. I think the Mouse is just going to slap Star Wars on any generic space movie from here until the end of time, but I hope to be proved wrong

I’m more of a Space Janitors kinda guy

2 Likes