Star Wars Episode 7

Really the only thing that makes Attack of the Clones able to contest The Phantom Menace for its throne of shame is the abomination that is Hayden Christensen.

not the show, the movie.

Iā€™m being certain about my uncertainty. Iā€™m not arguing any point besides the fact that we canā€™t be too sure. The only news sources Iā€™ve been seeing are stating that they have no clue what the content will be.

Every movie release after Episode 6. The movie releases are out of order, not the titles, which I think are the words that youā€™re trying to put in my mouth.

Thereā€™s no definite confirmation on anything yet. In fact, I thought my quote from Disney regarding how vast the Star Wars universe was, and how many options for movies it presented was good enough. Youā€™re very certain on your viewpoint, and thatā€™s okay with you, but Iā€™m trying to keep my eyes open to any possibilities, especially when nothing has been confirmed.

Like I mentioned, Iā€™m certain in my uncertainty. Iā€™ve provided sources and quotes that can back up that. Iā€™ve seen no such thing from you. My uncertainty makes me malleable, and as previously mentioned, if you have sources, Iā€™d love to see them.

Until then, please stop being callous, itā€™s kinda mean.

And the whiny, annoying character that he playedā€¦

Itā€™s obvious why George did this:

The Star Wars universe is massive. 6 big screen movies, several animated series, a ridiculuous amount of videogame releases (over a hundred) and lots of literature. Star Wars will never really stop, Lucas knows this. He also knows that whilst Star Wars will continue for a long time, his life will not match up to that amount of time. Weā€™ve had a lot of cartoons and videogames, itā€™s about time that Star Wars gets a proper cinematic extension produced by a good studio.

Iā€™m really excited to see where this goes, because we can whine about how Disney are touching things that shouldnā€™t be touched, while itā€™s blatantly obvious that a lot of terrible Star Wars content has been produced since the original triology (which includes the newest movies as Iā€™ve pointed out in this thread). There as an ongoing internet uproar about this, which is really just stupid as thereā€™s a good chance this is one of the better things that has happened to Star Wars in a long time.

1 Like

Lmao!

So let me get this straight.  Even though Disney has already confirmed that they will be filming Episode VII, with an expected release in 2015, we still canā€™t be too sure about that fact?  Are you serious?  Just because they donā€™t have all the details of the story figured out just yet, that doesnā€™t mean that it wonā€™t be a sequel.

I can provide more links, if youā€™d like.  Then again, you could always just search for them yourself.  Just do a Google News search for ā€œStar Warsā€, and Iā€™m sure you will find plenty more articles clearly stating that the movie will be Episode VII.  A lot of the articles are even saying that it will be a ā€œsequelā€ as well.  Imagine that.

I wasnā€™t even talking about when the movies were released.  I was talking about their order in the fictional Star Wars timeline.  Did Episodes 4-6 take place before 1-3?  No, they didnā€™t.  So if Disney is coming out with Episode VII, then it will inevitably be taking place after Episode VI.  You cannot dispute that fact.

WRONG.  It has already been confirmed that it will be Episode VII, which means it will be a SEQUEL.

As for all the other long term possibilities for the franchise, that is still up in the air at this point.  Between the films, novels, comics, and video games, there is a lot of ideas for Disney to work with, and I have no doubts that they wonā€™t milk the franchise for everything it is worth.  I expect there to be a lot of offshoot Star Wars films/shows/whatever in the future.  Personally, I hope that they eventually make animated films for Dark Empire, Shadows of the Empire, the X-Wing novels, etc.  But that is all just wishful thinking at this point.  The only certainty right now is that Episode VII is in the works.

Actually, if you go and re-read your source, it mentions Episodes VII-IX.  So if anything, it was only backing up what Iā€™ve been saying this entire time.

Disney isnā€™t stupid, alright.  They are very business savvy, and their successes and acquisitions over the course of several decades are proof of that.  There is no way that they would spend $4 Billion to purchase the Star Wars franchise, only to completely destroy it by deviating from the storyline that George Lucas created.  If they come out with Episode VII, and the story takes place long before any of the other films, with all new characters and nothing that really connects it to the other two trilogies, it would be disastrous for them.  Going that route would completely tank the franchise, and Iā€™m sure that the people at Disney are aware of this.  So for the sake of appeasing the old school Star Wars fans, and at the same time gaining new ones, the plot for Episodes VII-IX will need to be interconnected with Episodes IV-VI, just like how the original trilogy is interconnected with the prequels.  There is no getting around this.

Now this doesnā€™t mean that there isnā€™t a chance that there will be a film (or even a trilogy) about Knights of the Old Republic in the future.  Anything is possible really, and to be honest, I wouldnā€™t mind seeing KOTOR on the big screen.  There is just no way that it will be Episodes VII-IX.

Oh boo hoo.  Cry me a river.  Youā€™re the one who chose to start an argument with someone who has been a Star Wars fan longer than a lot of the people on this board have even been alive.  Even worse, you were disputing something that you couldā€™ve confirmed for yourself if you had just read a couple of the countless news articles that have come out in the short time since the big announcement was made.  If your feelings got hurt because you didnā€™t want to do a bit of research, then that is your problem, not mine. ::slight_smile:

Youā€™re so attached to the idea that it is most certainly a chronological number 7 that it makes me dizzy. Even Disney says that they donā€™t know when it will take place.

also, lol

Your dizziness is probably caused by a lack of blood flow to your head.  Considering your complete inability to accept the fact that Episode VII will be taking place after Episode VI, I canā€™t help but wonder if your brain is even functioning properly right now.  Maybe you should go see a neurologist about that, just to be on the safe side.

Now all sarcasm aside, it is true that Disney has said that they havenā€™t quite figured out when Episode VII will be taking place.  But considering that George Lucas will still be attached to the project as a consultant, and his treatments for VII-IX will also be included in the creative process, then it is a foregone conclusion that the new trilogy will be taking place at some point after Return of the Jedi.  That was the plan from very early on in the franchiseā€™s history, and Disney would be four billion shades of stupid to deviate from that.

BTW, hereā€™s another source for you to check out:

Predictable response.

You two just kiss already.

3 Likes

Beat me to it.

No thanks. Whatever it is that is causing him to ignore the facts might be viral, and I donā€™t want to run the risk of catching a case of stupid. :wink:

From what Iā€™ve seen, you both seem to have a case of stupid. Just drop your bickering and:

Youā€™re confirming what Iā€™ve been saying all along, which is that we nothing is confirmed. As a creative consultant, itā€™s far from definite what his role in the actual /story/ will be. We see the pieces that are being played, and we can make /guesses/, but nothing more. You have potential to be right, thatā€™s for sure, and you might be. Iā€™m just choosing to keep my eyes open on the matter.

see

All the links you have provided are referencing the intended plan, back when LucasFilm was owned by Lucas. If other links you have contain confirmations, Iā€™d like to see.

Iā€™m keeping my posts as brief as possible, because I have concerns, depending on what size room you are in, be it a bathroom or a closet or something, that your vision might become obscured by the fumes from your ears before you can finish reading.

Unless the fumes are caused by chili peppers or whatever. In that case rock on.

I believe portions of this conversation have become more vitriolic than necessary

Aye. In hindsight, looking at it now, I apologize for that. Regrettably, I got sucked into that game.

I think what can be concluded here is that we all know what the intended sequel trilogy was going to be. Juan presented that fact, and I am well aware of it because of such. What cannot be concluded is wether or not the new films, made by someone else, even with the consultation from Lucas, will follow that intention.

Thatā€™s literally all Iā€™ve been trying to say this entire time.

Hey, lookie

Source