Standing the test of time

Shaqlerstar?

Yes, the shaqlerstar is the northstar. But I still play with my Skyline, 888, and G5. All of which are just as good as anything new

Kind of annoying seeing people who have only been throwing for a year or so name off all these new throws like they are classics when they’ve been released relatively recently. Even when some of you guys were saying some of the throws that might stand the test of time you guys were all naming off throws that have only been out for a couple months. Let’s get real people, wait til the hype dies down, and maybe wait a couple years then see which ones will.

Throws that have stood the test of time?
CLYW Peak, YYJ Dark Magic I, YYJ Hitman, YYF 888 (Not the new ones)

Throws that will?
CLYW Chief, CLYW Ava, YYF Genesis, YYF ProtoStar, YYJ DMII

2 Likes

Are people really considering the Di Base “old”? Seriously, it’s not old by any means, and by most people’s standards (at least mine), it hasn’t been out forever. I consider it a very modern throw.

I agree with SR, it’s kind of annoying, people acting like these relatively new throws are classics.

Haha, 2011 and 2012 throws are NOT old. Try a California, It takes talent because of the small gap. not the newer version, the 2008 Cali

2 Likes

OXY 4 and 3
way ahead of their time and still fantastic yoyos

Le peak.

FHZ, Hitman, Pyro, most any Dif-e-yo, Raider.

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with the Super-Yo Renegade, still a lot of fun to throw around!

This man posesses a wisdom beyond his years.

I agree with everything said above. The only addition I’d like to make would be the YYF Supernova. Even in the YYF EYYC videos of last year you can see at least 3 of the YYF contest team were throwing Supernovas. Yuuki Spencer has been using them in videos and to compete recently-ish as well… I can’t see them going anywhere any time soon. If only YYF would get some decent colourways instead of those ghastly splashes. shudders

I can imagine that the Summit will be around for a while because of what it is (a onedropxCLYW collab), the availability of it and the universal acclaim it’s received, but I guess only time will tell on that one.

1 Like