Classic Throws

Heya everyone.

What are some absolute classic yoyos from days long past? I think I personally have a lot of knowledge gaps here so I want to hear some opinions from some old-timers.

I’m thinking of things along the lines of the DM2, Chief, Code1 [or 2? (Or both??)]. Just important YoYos that helped define their era. I think perhaps the Shutter belongs on the list even though it’s still widely available and so isn’t really from ‘days long past.’

Bonus points if anyone’s got pics from their collection to share with the class :grin:

(Disclaimer: absolutely no points will be given out, bonus or otherwise. I don’t have that kind of authority.)

3 Likes

Sure:

Here’s a shot of my edc throws - should be 2009ish

15 Likes

This question comes up every once and awhile, and its always fun to see what yoyos stand the test of time. Here’s my answer in the most recent of these types of threads (that I still stand by);

3 Likes

You need at the very least a project. Jmtc.

3 Likes

Project never gets old!

3 Likes

Would a rebirth do?:joy::joy: I rarely see projects for sale that arent 200$

2 Likes

@Buzz Wow those pics are beautiful :heart_eyes:

What’s the blue one in the third pic?

I guess a Project has to be the next thing on which I spend money I don’t have… I do have a Rebirth but… My yoyo lust knows no bounds.

Thanks for the replies everybody!

2 Likes

Hey! That was one of ILYYs Pybit Betas

Haven’t played a Project, but the Rebirth is also a classic IMO. Every time I pick it up I’m always impressed. Can’t wait for the upcoming Project 2…whenever that may be? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Do you mean they are rereleasing the project 2 or something? because it already exists. It would be amazing but I doubt they ever would do it again. Its what the Rebirth was based on I believe

“Last but certainly not least is the Markmont. Project 2. We made sure to make this design very much own up to the distinction of ‘2’. This progression of the original Project design sees a modernized sizing, updated catch zone and redistributed weight for a ‘sportscar tank’ like experience :joy::ok_hand:t6: That quintessential butter like heft of the original Markmont. Project has been tailored for improved speed manipulation and noticeable plane stability. ‘Much’ more information about this series to follow in the near future so make sure to keep a pupil locked for updates.”

oh yeah thats the updated version of the marmont classic. It kinda looks like a cross between the MC and the Atmos Cloudberry

Ahh gotcha…I’m confused now. I thought this was a new version of the OG ‘Project’ … but there’s already been a ‘Project 2’ :woozy_face:
So is this a newer version of the Project or Markmont Classic? :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

For me the “classics”!I have in my collection are all super Og clyw or general yo stuff! have a couple 1rst run hatricksand five stars, and a few first run clyws…. Used to have a lot of Og yyf stuff like a fast 401k a 201 from the early 2000s, some novas and yukstas… unfortunately sold these but one nova a long time ago and still regret it!

1 Like