Competition Yoyos that have withstood the test of time?

So in your opinion, what are some competition yoyos that are fairly old, but are still some of the best performing? My vote would go to the og 7075 Yoyofactory Superstar. Those are pretty old, being released in I think 2008? But I think it out performs a lot of the new throws today, even bi metals.

This might sound dumb but what does “og” stand for? Original?

am I being too critical to question if the og superstar was 7075? I guess I just thought that was newer (minus the 08 888 or others i might be unaware of)

What about the 07 888? Definitely still a top notch yoyo. A little light but in the right hands I feel like someone could do well with one.

Oxy 4 is still the ultimate ahead-of-its-time yoyo in my book. Play wise, for like what 05 or 06? incredible.
Actually maybe the oxy 3? Just haven’t had as much experience with the 3.

YYF only switched over to 6061 on the hubstacked superstars in 2012 I think. And OG means “Original Gansta”.

Alex Berenguel still uses his peak from 2006. Any yoyo in the right hands can be “top-notch”.

2 Likes

YYR Sleipnir.

3 Likes

explains why mine has taken so many years of abuse and is still smooth. this is awesome news, never knew that.

YYR Sleipnir, no match

3 Likes

OG- Original Gangsta

edit Oops! I see now that YoYoSpirit already answered that. My bad! ::slight_smile:

chives from a certain lostlorn yeti wrecks

Do you mean competition level yoyos that are actually being used in Current Competitions?

Or competition level yoyos that are just ‘still being used’ by people in general?

For clarity… A Sleipnir has obviously stayed on the radar identifying good yoyos but how many players actually go up on stage with Sleipnirs?

…so do you great yoyos that still considered great or great playing yoyos that are still being used Competitively?

1 Like

Agreed, the Sleipnir is timeless. Such a fantastic yoyo.

The YYF MVP1 is still probably the best yoyo I’ve ever used, as far as spin time/stability goes, though I haven’t had much experience with bi-metals.

Agreed, too.
But I would also like to add the Positron and DV888 (Yes, I actually competed with it and still do)

Raider

2 Likes