Old yo-yos

I Know these were expensive at the time for undersized yo-yos. I would like to know how they have held up over time. They still play amazing. The axis system is beefy and complex. The Oxygene ti is super smooth, The H-Spin, Gorilla Is super powerful almost too powerful for my knuckles. The Oxygene H-shape is butter on the string smooth and quiet. The H2O Oxygene H-Spin colaberation is a bit larger that the others. If I remember correct I bought these the moment they came out in the years 2009-2011 not sure exactly, if I remember the this Gorilla was a prototype? I have been the only owner of all theses yo-yos. I knew these were to be respected yo-yos so I have had them on display self for all to appreciate great conversation starters. I used them only when I have a trick down 85%. I really enjoyed the undersize so I did get a
Yo-Yo Factory 888 and used it as my learning yo-yo. I beat the yo-yo up and used the hub axils to smooth out the scratches and deep dings it did get the big dings out But messed up the axils, I still use it to this day. I have replaced it with one from that same era 2010 that the hub stack axils still work. Reason for post I would like to know how these yo-yos are thought of in the would of players and collectors. I will not be selling them just some input from those who like are respect the physics and art of yo-yos.

15 Likes

STUNNERS!!!

you have a lot to talk about bud :eyes:

EDIT: i also wouldn’t let those go unless my whole arm was attached

5 Likes

Hold on to them. While yoyo design knowledge has increased and therefore yoyo performance has increased over time, they are still great players. I actually have a smaller yoyo currently being prototyped out with a really wide width (50x50), so they are still around, you just gotta look for em :wink:

2 Likes

I look forward to the 50/50 when it comes out?

2 Likes

I mean these are some awesome ones! Can’t argue with an 888 and that Oxygen Ti looks fantastic to play!

I played primarily 2006-2012 and went through hundreds of yoyos during that time. I loved the 616 gorylla so much and a lot of the later Hspin yoyos were amazingly smooth. 888 was my favorite yoyo at the time but the Phoenix and e1ns were also excellent.

I’d say although they still feel great on the string and are fun to play with they don’t hold up to modern yoyos in terms of performance. They’re still a blast to throw though but you should try out some of the newer throws that have since come out. I tried a Dunk and it’s been very fun for me.

3 Likes

Those are still all dope yoyos. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All those yoyos are awesome but that hspin Gorylla is dreamy. If I had that Gorylla I’d be throwing it everyday. I like the look of it so much I searched for it quick and found an online auction that ended just couple weeks ago in June; it sold for under 50 so I wouldn’t feel bad throwing it at all.