standard yyj bearing

how long would a yyj bearings life last if i play it dry? will it make a big difference life wise if i clean it regularly??

Well, it could probably last a couple of months, but chances are it will lock up even if you re-clean it. I do know people who play then dry and havent had then lock up, so I guess it depends how much you play the yoyo. How much do you play this particular yoyo?

thanks for replying! Well anyways my dm is coming without lube, and i doubt that i’ll be buying stuff online anytime soon. Will it last any longer if i clean the bearing with mineral spirits without lube? Oh and usually I yoyo like 1-3 hours a day.

i got a yoyojam speedmaker a while ago, im wondering would it work ok if i used spray silicone for my bearing? ??? because thats what i always did on my fireball. Im just not sure whether the silicone will do anything to the ceclon plastic or something

Uh…no. I don’t think you should spray anything, especially silicone, into your bearing. I recommend getting some thin lube or other alternatives (which I’m sure you can easily find through a search).

All i got to say is, the best thing to use is Thin or Thick Lube (which ever you want)

it’s made for yo-yoing and you don’t have to worry about anything. Only over lubing it making the bearing responsive.

You could try Trumpet Valve Oil also!

~Steven

I didn’t know you could use trumpet valve oil! Thanks, that helped alot!!!

And when your DM comes in the mail, it usually comes with some thick lube on the bearing.

Actually no. The bearings come cleaned on metal rimmed yoyos.

Actually no, I bought a hitman and the bearing didn’t come cleaned so I had to break it in. Also a friend of mine ordered a metal rimmed yyj and the bearing didn’t come cleaned.

What about plastics?