I need to lube my bearing

Hello, this might be stupid to most of you but i’m kinda new to yo-yo. I just got a yyj x-con from yoyoguy.com and they sent it without lubing the bearing. I know that you are supposed to use yyj thin lube. but don’t want to buy it on the net cuz of the added shipping price. are there any alternatives that i could use that would work well without damaging my yoyo in anyway? any suggestions would be great. thank you.

You can try sewing machine oil. I think HSpin recommends that on their site. Also, though, you can run bearings dry for a reaaaaalllly long time. Moreover, a new bearing is only a dollar more than thin lube. Lubing’s a good idea, but not necessary. I’d recommend waiting until you order something else, like strings or something, then adding lube to your purchase.

1 Like

baby oil works well as a thin lube, I have been using it for months now and never had an issue with it, and for a thick lube 3 in 1 oil works great.

1 Like

I would suggest trumpet valve oil, I use it whenever I run out f lube or just forgot it somewhere and it work great.

1 Like

i used canola cooking oil and it works! it made my yoyo responsive though. it’s like thick lube.

1 Like

well, baby oil has a substance that breaks your bearing, while being thin.

What do yourself a favor. Don’t get any of that on your hands.

Because if you do and it sucks in every time you miss a trick you cry like a baby and smell like one too.

Seriously, I’d try lubing a bearing with mustard or relish before I put anything on a bearing the smell like baby oil.

Sewing machine or trumpet valve oil, I wouldn’t bother with canola since (vegetable) oils with no additives break down easily.

dont use some random oil because most non yoyo oils damage plastic yoyos.

1 Like

Huh? it broke my bearing.

Not really. Nothing magic about “yoyo oil.”