SPYY Promo

jeez man you don’t have to be a Debbie downer on things… I mean everyone Is got to be excited for a Yoyos jeez…

1 Like

I’m sorry, I understand excitement, I guess I’m easily annoyed.

2 Likes

Well, as you might recall, I already had the El Ranchero, and the Radian 2, so that left me limited on options left for the deal. The Amplifier is the given, so I went with the Orbitron too. When I first saw the Amplifier advertised way back, I remember thinking it kind of looks like some other throws, so I’ll pass on it. When I saw the Orbitron I was thinking…another organic, nothing new. So, while I could guess these would be nice yo-yos, I was unsure what different I would get from stuff I already have.

I threw them for the first time today, and the Amplifier is a nice throw, plays great, but is not set apart too much from what I already own. But the Orbitron was the shocker. I’m not crazy about organic throws usually, only a few exceptions. But, on this one, the halves are really “fat.” It’s wide without the gap being wide, if you know what I mean. It’s something I don’t see often on organics. But, the surprise was that it is a stability beast. It’s just crazy good. I’m embarrassed I would have easily passed on this months ago. :-[ I was not a huge fan of the Radian 2 and only have one because it’s a YYE Edition. Next to the El Ranchero (now out of stock), of the throws involved in the deal, the Orbitron is a great choice.

I have no regrets taking advantage of this deal. Photos to come…still working on them.

1 Like

ooh now im excited for my orbitron coming in the mail!

1 Like

I finally took some photos of them. The light gets tricky on that Amplifier due to the color, so the first round did not come out too well.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/10528729756_39d055e8a5_z.jpg
YYESPYYdeal by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7304/10528726596_efc31e9793_z.jpg
Orbitron by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/10528939143_739be50650_z.jpg
Orbitronb by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7338/10528757894_056114f249_z.jpg
Amplifier by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2861/10528700895_c183754691_z.jpg
Amplifierb by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

2 Likes

True! I got to play a lot of spyy models since we have one of their sponsored player around and the orbitron 3000 was one that impressed me the most, maybe because I wasnt expectin anything due to the plane jane look. I wish I had one, it has a certain je ne sais quoi

2 Likes

I got them in the mail today! ;D I’m soo excited! Yay me!

1 Like

Well Abby, let me know what you think of them when you get to play them. I know opinions may differ, but curious about your impression of them.

I just checked, and at this time, there are only 24 Amplifiers left. So that means 24 of these deals left in stock. My best guess is that the deal will run out (due to lack of Amplifiers) long before the deal expiration of 11/10. There are far more secondary throws, Radian 2s and Orbitrons still in stock. So, when the Amplifiers run out, I wonder if they will make a deal for any two remaining secondary throws, to burn off the rest of those models. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like
1 Like

yeah you may have to wait on that until November 22 that’s when my birthday is but I’m patient so i dont worry too much about them not being in my hands as of this moment so its kind of a 2 sided blade on that half.

1 Like

So, I may have missed this, but which one will you get for your birthday, and which one will you get later? Have you decided?

New count…20 deals left, 20 Amplifiers. It looks like the least popular color was plasma burn…15 remaining. :-\

I think it will be the amplifier because thats the one I am eyeing the most now the other one will be a Christmas present. I am also getting my one drop 10 ball bearings as well so I can switch out some bearings in yo-yos that need it.

Unfortunately, the last El Ranchero got nicked out of my cart before I got a chance to order it (I still haven’t gotten my debit card, and my dad wasn’t able to order it for me until today so it was sitting there for a few days). Nevertheless, pretty stoked on getting an Orbitron and an Amplifier! The Orbitron seems to be getting pretty positive response, so I’m expecting lots of good thing from it, plus an oversized, organic throw is something my collection has been wanting.

^ Agreed, it definitely filled a void in my collection.

With the 15% off for Halloween until 12 noon today, do you mean to tell me that you can get two high end throws for $102 instead of $120? The SPYY promo does not say “not to be combined with other offers,” so perhaps you will get 15% off this deal today, if you act fast. I swear, this is a STEAL! I’ve only seen the best yo-yo sales on this site.

9 SPYY deals left…who are the lucky 9? :smiley:

I got them with the 15% off. It’s totally legit

Smart move on that one, good thinking, for sure. I was so concerned about getting a certain color, so I couldn’t wait too long. I didn’t really expect the Halloween sale either. I have to admit that even knowing about the Halloween sale, I’m glad I got the color I preferred. But, for those who like all the colors, or are not so choosey, this is an excellent deal. After all, none of the colors are awful anyway. All these available throws play nice, so I wouldn’t be surprised if all amplifiers are gone by noon.

I actually managed to get the exact same colors as you. The Icy Blue Amplifiers are long gone now, though.

Yeah, that one was most important, because I hate green yo-yos, and not that fond of that pinkish plasma one, so It was important for me to move fast. :smiley: I lucked out that so many Orbitrons were available anyway.

oh yeah o got a plasma burn amplifier and a blue orbitron. I’m happy cause this I now have 3 high end yo-yos so I’m happy.

Things are looking up from here Abby. Once your parents see that you are dedicated to a hobby and will stick with it, you typically get more and more support. One high end throw is good enough, but I’m all for variety, so it’s nice to know you will have some additional options handy. It was very nice of your folks to do that. You are lucky.