Spintastics Classic Wood?

Has anyone tried the Spintastics Classic Wood yoyo? I can’t find much information about it, but it’s cheap enough that I may just roll the dice and try it out.

Which one the Manta Ray?

1 Like

No, it’s a wood yoyo in the same shape as a Technic or a ProYo.

5 Likes

Thanks, but it’s not the Manta Ray, although I do have one and it’s pretty great. It’s the all wood one that’s available on the ubiquitous online retailer that’s listed as “Spintastics Curvy Circles Classic Natural Wooden Yo-yo” that I’m asking about. I don’t remember any all wood throws in the Spintastics line, so super curious about it. The Technic is probably my all-time favorite fixie, so I’d be pretty interested in a similar playing all wood throw.

1 Like

I went ahead and bought one out of curiosity, and it’s…bad. Sides are uneven, the edges of the gap are sharp, and the axle diameter is a bit on the big side. If you’re looking for a decent all wood fixie on the cheap, this ain’t it.

1 Like

That looks a little like the Playmaxx Roadster. I wish they were still made. A little bigger than a standard ProYo, but still comfortable in the hand. And following the basic ProYo form. Mine was unvarnished, but stained. “Flores Flyer” on one side, the other blank.

1 Like