SpinFaktor 2 - Making it Playable

Got another of the “old school” :stuck_out_tongue: throws the other day, via eBay, a SpinFaktor 2.

Love the look of it, but to this point it hasn’t really been playable due to lack response. Here’s the low-down:

• its a YYJam, and the response system is simply 4 indented circles on each half, just outside the bearing.

• I first worked with the cotton string it came with. Wouldn’t return by tugging; binds would only work if it was spinning very fast. Mostly, binds just do not take hold.

• I first worked with strings. Tried everything I had - cotton, poly, nylon, even some thick Duncan strings. Same result as above. The Duncans tried the hardest, but… :stuck_out_tongue:

• Tried a Duncan friction sticker - resulted in way too much response.

• Thick Lube helped only a tiny bit…maybe.

• Thought about trimming a friction sticker to about half its size, or less, but want to see if another method might work before playing Dr. Frankenstein on one :stuck_out_tongue:

• Thought also about putting some flowable silicon into the 4 holes on each inner half of the yoyo.

• Years ago, I believe (?) I applied a few small pieces of masking tape as a temporary response on a yoyo - memory is fuzzy, though.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance -

I’ve never had problems with the stock 4 hole response that it provides. I would make sure the yoyo is screwed completely together

Oh, its definitely screwed together correctly.

I added some 4 very small squares of masking tape that I cut, putting them between the response holes, and that took care of the response.

Then I cleaned the thick lube out using mineral spirits. Now its got the response I want along with the spin time I want. Love it.

I received a Hayabusa yesterday that came with some Friction Stickers and some Silicon Stickers. Might give 1 Silicon Sticker a whirl just out of curiousity, but my guess is that it will be too much. Probably wait till the tape is no longer effective.