Spell Checker

After each post, a spell checker would check for inncorrectly spelled words. Then ask if you want to change it to the correctly spelled word or to “ignore.” This would benefit the site alot because we wouldn’t have as many problems with misspelled words and thus, making posts alot easier to read. This could also eliminate any minor “typeos” or spacing errors.

*typos

1 Like

…because seeing red lines underneath the words that you spelled wrong and doing something about it, i.e. using your browser’s built in spell check, is too difficult.

Also, +1 for another example of Muphry’s law.

3 Likes

Isn’t that the law that states “What can go wrong, will go wrong?”

That’s Murphy’s Law. Muphry’s law states:

[quote=Wikipedia]If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written.
[/quote]
The name is a deliberate misspelling of Murphy’s law.

^
no, that’s “Murphy’s” law

Murphry’s law is :
If you attempt to correct someone’s grammar, there is some grammical error in your correction.

Or something like that…

ninja…

So your web browser doesn’t have spell check???

I think it’s either the browser or the computer. Like my computer has a spell check whenever I would get some random work wrong. But sometimes when I go on other computers, it really doesn’t even have a spell check on it. I use Google Chrome, so I don’t really know though.

Firefox, which I use mostly does have a spell check, I know IE does. Chrome probably does but you may have to turn it on somewhere. I am not familiar w/it.