Speed Bearings

Can somebody explain to me what is a Speed bearing is and what’s the effects on the yoyo ???

Speed bearings are a type of yoyojam bearing that comes stock in most of their yoyos. It is a C-size bearing. They are good and fairly cheap.

1 Like

as in a YYJ speed bearing? it’s just their term for a regular C size bearing, as opposed to the “slim” bearing that comes in their cheaper models that is tug responsive. Putting in a speed bearing makes the yoyo unresponsive.

Edit: Darn, Mr. Yoyoguy ninja’d me…

1 Like

hehe.

so they just like a SPEC size C bearings from YYF ??

Yes, but they do not break down as quickly. (in my experience)

I believe that speed bearings have 10 balls in them as opposed to 8

Not completely sure, but I’m pretty sure they are only 8balls.
Otherwise, they would have advertised it. Trust me. Also, you might be thinking of the onedrop ten ball bearing.

Nope
The speed bearings do have ten balls!

speed bearings have 10 balls! they are my all time fav bearing! a normally vibey yoyo will become WAAYY smoother and quieterwhen equipped with a speed bearing! i wonder why its so underrated, i like it a bit more then an od 10 ball!

I prefer speed bearings over ten balls. Ten balls and I don’t get along. Ever. They are highly overrated. Speed bearings are possibly my favorite bearings next to center tracs.

Odd. I’ve never really been a fan of the old SPEED bearing. It’s not that they don’t work but I find most of mine to be on the wrong side of noisy.

Yuki

1 Like

the new ones are MUCH better
you use a tiny bit of lube, and your golden

Oh, I didn’t mean old in the sense of new and old. It’s more of a term of endearment, as in ‘the good old days’ or ‘old faithful’. I’ve only been throwing for 9 or 10 months, so everything I own is fairly ‘new’.

Yuki

me too! finally some one else who appreciates the speed bearing ( the centertrak is my second fav)

Cool! Center tracs are what I have most of. They’re really nice in a lot of my yoyos

i cant wait to get bulk CTs
Sean XD

Ill split em 50/50

and you should totally SC all of em ya know? :smiley:

the YYJ speed are 10-ball

Well I tried a CenterTrac, SPEC and SPEED Bearings.
The CenterTrac and SPEED bearings are on the noisy side but performance wise they’re really good.

Yes the SPEED bearing that comes stock now is a 10 ball bearing. I was surprised when I got one in my New Breed. It spins for a long time and when broken in it’s spins like forever.

The CenterTrac is good but for some yoyos, you don’t even need the centering due to a very huge gap.
Spin times are really good.

And the SPEC is good, not too loud and spins for a long time.

Just my 2 cents