Specs of Blue 7075 Luis Genesis?

Anyone have the specs for this classic beast of a throw? They are oddly hard to find. YYE does this thing where their old store links just redirect to the page for the brand. Rewind is usually a good resource for old yoyos but it looks like they never carried this one since it was so limited.

Only confirmed spec I have is weight of 67.1 grams.

I believe diameter to be ~56.5mm and width to be slightly under 45mm but I was hoping to find actual confirmation.

This yoyo is up there with the Blink as one of my all time favorites, with the lack of a blasted option holding it back from perfection at the time imo. Making yoyos is something I’ve always been somewhat interested in and something I now kinda think I might want to approach seriously. I’m planning to start with a design of a long out of production model that I not only miss playing with, but feel like could be improved/modernized in a meaningful way.

67.9 grams
42.75 mm wide
56.42 mm diameter

Found this for the Doomsday Genesis on YYE.

I appreciate it but that’s a different yoyo

1 Like

Hmm, you made me curious and I found this. +2mm is presumably width.

Also found this lol

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :rofl:

Since that post, I owned at least 2 Blue 7075 Luis and 1 Orange Luis and I was very very wrong about how different and imo significantly better they played than standard release Genesis models.

And yeah, the +2mm is definitely on the width, which is why my guess is that the width is somewhere like 44.75-45mm. I got the weight of 67.1 from that same FB page where they show the final product and another site. I think basically every Genesis ever is like 56.4-56.5 diameter.

1 Like