Spec Bearing or Center Trac Bearing?

I can get either but which should i get? ???

no contest. Center-trac

he’s right center trac

Uh… either does the job. I wouldn’t tell him one is better than the other… If you want my honest opinion, center track bearings do NOTHING other than look different and cost more. It’s a needless gimmick

I know it’s your opinion, but Center-Trac bearings do something. They have keep the string centered so it’s not rubbing the response, lessening the chance of the yo-yo snagging and returning unexpectedly. I’d say go for a Center-Trac.

In the majority of yo-yos these days the response is recessed or flush with the body of the yo-yo. There is not chance for the string to be rubbing on it with a flat bearing.

Yes, I know that they are often recessed or flush with the body of the yo-yo. I’m just saying, a center track will keep the string away from any response system installed on the yo-yo, lessening the chance of it snagging. I have a recessed silicon job in my Zen 3 and it still snags sometimes. The string on a yo-yo will go wherever it wants to on the bearing. A Center-Trac keeps it in the same general spot on the bearing.

idk i have the dark magic 2 and it still catches alot i would go with the centertrack. Do any of u recomend a ceramic bearing over the regular ones?

really just use a spec the yuuksta video, jensin’s velocity video, and more all use a stock spec with slick 6 string.

Center track don’t keep the string centered they just stop it from touching the sides, kk bearings actively center the string

I really like CTs. It is all just preference though. This thread surprises me though, since I usually see CTs getting thrashed. If you can, you best option is to just test em out. If you know any other yoyoers, ask and see if you can try their’s.

i generally am good at reviewing things in a comparative way with little prejudice (only a little).

so the CT advertises that it will keep the string off the walls while still having a flat surface. the flat surface keeps the string from bundling up (like it would with a kk) and snagging. i have played with CTs a few times, and in my experience, they do as advertised. i rarely get snags, but at the same time, binding slips a lot. it gets a few snags here or there, as is expected with all yoyos, but just a few fewer. the tradeoff is that bindings are a lot harder.

flat bearings (spec bearings fall under this) will let the string slide all over the place. oh no! i play with a flat bearing. as you get better and practice, you will get better at avoiding snags. having a flat bearing with the string against the side wont derastically reduce spin times. i like flat bearings because i still rarely snag, yet binds still are snappy.

i believe there is a saying: if it aint broke, dont fix it. is your yoyo’s response really so snaggy that it will reduce the spin time just by having the string rub against it a little? probably not, and if it is, you need to break it in. having a CT, i put it in new generalyos, because the response is usually grabby at first. after about a week, i switch it for the stock (and my favorite overall bearing) the aigr.

having a CT will do as advertised, but usually the problem is never major enough for it do more good than bad. besides, it is a handicap. it will make it harder to learn on yoyos that are slightly grabby and make you NEED a totally unresponsive yoyo.

well, maybe a little biased, but these are all observations i found from experience.