Questions For Buying things for my yoyo

Sup, so i have the YYF Velocity and i was wondering if i should buy a Center Trac Bearing or Konkave Size A. Well i was going to Center trac because its cheaper and i can buy strings + lube for 30$ total. so watchu guys think?

I don’t want you to think that CenterTrac or KK bearings are an upgrade but, I would say if you understand how those types of bearing change the way a yoyo plays then I would say sure man, go for it. I personally love CenterTrac bearings, not because they are better than a flat bearing, but because I like the way they make SOME yoyos play. I have never put one inside of a Velocity but I don’t see how it could hurt.

doesnt it make the play smoother and keeps string in the center?

It CAN make your yoyo spin smoother, depending on your definition of smooth. The string centering works to a certain extent, it helps you learn how to center your string. Really it just gives the throw a different feel, and slightly less response considering the string will be LESS likely to drag on the response, this is not to say that if bad technique is used it will work as desired. Don’t be too zealous when maintaining them, they come completely dry, as in no lube. If you are the kind of person who refuses to keep your bearings un-lubed then give it a needle tip drop of whichever lube you desire, thick or thin depending on what you are looking for.