Souvenir Yo-Yo’s

Are they junk or do they represent something else?

These are the only souvenir yo-yos I have. I believe the Smithsonian one was made by BC, I picked this one up back in the early 2000’s. I remember back then it seemed souvenir yo-yos were everywhere.

But then it seemed they disappeared.

I think just over a month ago I picked up the Garden of the Gods one and then last Saturday I picked up the Pikes Peak one at the Summit House.

Now in 2019 when I moved to the area neither of these attractions had these at the shops. I know my sample size is extremely small, but it made me think. “Do souvenir yo-yos represent a sign of popularity.”

Thoughts?

And if you have souvenir yo-yo’s share some pics.

4 Likes

Love the Smithsonian Rainbow (might be a little biased).

2 Likes

I was able to pick up this lot of Michigan YoYos off of fleabay not to long ago for around 5 bucks, not much value more nostalgic. Living in Michigan I have gone to most of those places.

7 Likes

I like that one too.

It’s my favorite over my Yomega Panther and a retro jeweled Duncan Tournament

2 Likes

Like the wood on the top 4.

2 Likes

Forgot about this Yomega Firestorm

8 Likes

Souvenir Yo-Yo’s is what got me back into the Hobby.

Took the Kids to Zion National Park last year. Kids wanted a Zion Wood Yoyo.

They had so much fun in the camp ground with them.

When I got home, I found some of my Yoyos from 2009-2012 era.

Most is documented in my Beginners Journey Thread.

Have fun.

4 Likes

i have a smithsonian rainbow too, it’s a cool piece

1 Like

Those were popular at craft shows a few years (10-15) back. I have one that looks like those I bought in Grand Rapids, MN. Plays pretty decent as well.

As for the OP, the BC/TK souvenir yoyos are nice. They’re the same quality as their stock line.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s popularity but I 100 percent would buy souvenir yo-yos if I had the chance! I actually had a chance not too long ago but right at the end of the exhibit I was hit with major ibs or food poisoning and I was in no shape to shop. Will update here if I go back though!

2 Likes