Something I should do- help!

You mean a 1 of 3 4Million dollar Lamborghini?

I live in a neighborhood with old people, I don’t know half of them. No kids, just a small street with people i don’t know.

Some of the houses are rentals.

relax bro, its only 1.7 million, not 4 million, so its all good ;D

I hate to say it but your never going to make a great deal of money on yoyos, ive just recessed 10 yoyos for £30 not bad on the face of it! but how many of them are you going to have to do to make a lathe pay for itself! even a hobby lathe is going to knock you back $500! Then theres the tools needed, measuring equipment ect.

Ive just set up my anno rig and its set me back almost £2000! (granted its somewhat industrial scale) my day to day parts will pay for the rig and yoyos will be done as hobby! when someones paying $30 for an awsome ano job its not much for 3 hours work after the materials used!

polishing can be done pretty cheaply but again to do right takes time! There nothing worse than a throw thats lost its lovely sharpe crisp edges due to being unevely polished.

You could get a polishing wheel pretty cheap to speed up the process but again its so easy to mess up!

Theres a reason most metal work trades have long apprentiships! Its a craft that you cannot do willy nilly! The tinest hint of heat in aluminium will change its internal structure! chemicals in some polishes destroy the surface finish! Non of which may be seen to the naked eye but thats were you start making other peoples throws vibe!If you try ano’ing a throw thats been polished wrong (even though it looks ok) itll be full of flaws! Which will give the guy doing the ano bad rep while the kid who killed the throw with a poor polish that looked ok gets fantastic feedback!!!
(research leapord spotting of aluminium, one of about 100 things you need to keep an eye out for when working any aluminium! )

Theres already several people doing almost everything possible to a throw! They are set up to do it, have many hours experiance and will of almost definatley made the very expensive mistakes already(these are vital though to refine any process)

Ill not comment on strings as i havent got a clue :smiley:

Anyway rant over lol

Old people are usually happy to pay for back breaking lawn care and other similar jobs (snow removal in the winters if you live in such an area). I’m always praying for a kid to ring my doorbell on snow day…

Lawn less so because I have a tiny lawn. But when I have a bigger lawn, you can bet I’ll want some neighborhood kids to step up and take my money (which I will gladly hand over).

I started working when I was 13 come to think about it. Wasn’t for pay check but under the table cash. If you are handy, maybe you can do a few things around your neighbors homes. It is car washing season you know? Never too young to work. If my 5 year old can reach the sink, I’d pay her to do our dishes everyday.

You don’t need a fancy rig to bust out 100 strings. I used to make string using a hook in my wall, a dremel and a cordless drill. I could finish 100 (6x2) strings in just under three hours. Granted, that was when I used to spend at least an hour each day making string, so I got pretty fast.

But what I’m trying to say is you just have to practice.