Something better than the iCEBERG that plays like a Borealis

The iCEBERG has been my favorite yoyo for a while. I’ve been focusing primarily on tech tricks so it fits perfectly in that sense. However, I’m looking for something a bit wider. What yoyos (under $100 preferably) are stable and long spinning for tech, and around 43-45mm in width?

I’ve been looking at the Borealis 2 as well after testing it out but it seems a bit hard to find. Anything similar to that?

3 Likes

I’m thinking that you’re looking for someone different, but there is a new Iceberg that’s 46.10 mm wide.

2 Likes

I did notice that. I think it’s a cool concept, but that’s just a bit too wide for me. Also, I’m thinking more towards mono/bi-metals for now. Maybe it deserves a second look.

2 Likes

The „crash“ series from C3 are really good hybrids.

1 Like

bump

1 Like

I’ve been really impressed with Japan Tech throws lately. I recently picked up the Mirage ESD and would definitely recommend. YYE still has some in stock as well. Super stable, extremely long spinning, great for zontals as well. It really stands out to me and checks a lot of boxes. Chunkier than the iceberg but similar shapes. Borealis is great as well you can’t go wrong with that one either if you can find one.

1 Like

do you have the v2 iceberg?

1 Like

Nope, it’s a tad bit too wide for me and I believe I’d prefer the classic iceberg to it.

2 Likes

its really good. Was just asking cause you said its your favorite and you want a bit wider. its only like 2mm wider I believe

It’s acually 4 mm wider, if the specs are accurate.

1 Like

I own both, the iceberg classic and the borealis 2, and in my opinion and concerning pure performance, the iceberg out performs the borealis in basicly any aspect. The borealis is by no means a bad yoyo but I think it is a bit overpriced. It plays good but to me it feels more like a premium allround/everyday throw with no specific srengths or weaknesses. Also the gab-with of the borealis is “only” 4.3mm so you might get problems with multiple string-layers. For 100 bucks to spend and coming from the iceberg looking for something simmilar but a bit wider, I would recommend something like the yoyofriends vulture (stupidly good performer, gab-with 4.5mm) or the iYoyo Impact (also stupidly good but a bit heavier-feelin, also wide gab-with of 4.82mm).

1 Like

+1 on the Vulture.

1 Like