Some1 know how the post office works?

so this happened when i was string trading with @PCaliyoyos

its about 3/4 inch thick shipping to Florida. Does anybody know how many stamps it’ll take to ship there?

3 Likes

For standard mail service it is based on weight. What does this package weigh?

2 Likes

less than 1 ounce

i think it was 2 thick last time

Okay, then it would be classified as a package rather than a letter and would cost $2.74, or five stamps.

3 Likes

wow ok thx!

1 Like

I use to sell cards on ebay and if I tried to send too many in an envelope they’d put it back in my mailbox a day or 2 later informing me that it needed more postage.
It was always frustrating to me. I ended up just going directly to the post office and paying to ship things there…my post office is less then a mile away from me.

2 Likes

It’s based on weight and thickness for letters. And as zslane noted beyond a certain size it becomes a package. Best bet is to take it to the post office and have it weighed there. You will get the exact cost.

2 Likes

info on shipping limitations at link…

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm100/mailing-domestic.htm

try shipping between 2 thin but sturdy sheets, (like custom fatguysnacks stickers!!! see attached), to make ‘sliding’ through the mail much easier :wink:

4 Likes

Awesome, I’ll remember that. I’ve got a fatguy stack of these you sent me a while ago.

5 Likes

i’ve used two of these, an envelope and stamps to send things that should have cost $6, lol… like:

pool/yoyo gloves
kendama string, beads
HIGE STACKS of stickers
bearings and strings
stuff i can’t remember up to a 0.5” thick… i’ll
go back and look…cleverly packaged, and with good relationships with your mail carrier, you can make magic happen :wink:

3 Likes

The thing that really annoyed me when shipping multiple top loaders in a single envelope…is the mailwoman would put them into my mailbox with a note saying I needed to pay more on postage…
Then I’d take them up to the post office and they had this plastic measuring thingy they’d slide the envelope though showing it wasn’t too thick to get through everything and they’d tell me everything was fine.
So I’d be thankful and hand them over.
Only to find them back in my freaking mailbox again a day or 2 later.
lol it really was frustrating and I ended up having to give a couple of people partial refunds because of the delays in shipping (I worked damn hard to keep my ebay feedback at 100% positive).

3 Likes

lol relatable

1 Like