Solar eclipse 2024

So if some of u guys know, the solar eclipse is happening right now. For those who can see it, how is it?

4 Likes

Too cloudy to see it here but it should be pretty dark in a few minutes

2 Likes

I am just south of totality, but it is still quite fantastic to see the wonder in the universe. My favorite part is always the lighting during the eclipse. I wish you all could get the chance to watch.

Super cloudy here but it still looks pretty cool. The temperature has dropped and it’s getting darker.

I saw around 60%ish down here in Florida. Used most of my break for yoyo time lol

2 Likes

No solar eclipse over here in Southern Cali…

5 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

We got clouds here too. Not sure if it’s darker outside because of clouds or eclipse.

2 Likes

Pinhole camera

12 Likes

clear skies in Colorado but it’s a %60

I took some pics through my 8” dobsonian. It was cool to watch the moon disc swallow the sunspots as it moved across. The band of light on the edge of the moon is neat too. Wish I was in the path of totality.

17 Likes

13 Likes

Where is that from?

1 Like

10 Likes

I was going to go to vermont today but then my brother got sick so we had to stay home but i still got to see 95% of it in Massachusetts so it was still good :smile: :smile: :smile:

5 Likes
7 Likes

Took an extended lunch and watched the :crescent_moon: block the sun for a bit. Was very cool indeed. Glad we could all share this moment together.

4 Likes

It rained most of the day here… :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

I was in the totality and holy crap nuggets it was amazing! I didn’t really know what to expect so it was really breathtaking

5 Likes