Software?

Hi guys, so I was inspired by this guy who makes yoyo.
I am not thinking of actually making them but I thought it would be fun to
make a 3d model of yoyo.
I found some free software that prototypeguy posted but some didnt work and some asked for personal info so I didnt do it :-
Anyways I am looking for inexpensive software to desinge a yoyo. Any recommendation?

You can try GIMP. It’s not that easy though. Solidworks is good but not very cheap. Just google free 3D cad programs and see what you get.

GIMP isn’t a 3D software. It is a 2d drawing/editing program comparable to Photoshop and Paint.Net. If you are just playing around I highly suggest using Google Sketchup.

With most CAD software, the exemption being google sketchup, you’re looking to spend over 200 dollars…

Oops.

Oh well solidworks for me. lol

The most comprehensive free 3d package is Blender. (Check blender.org ) It’s a bit hard to get to know, but once you do, you can do most anything you could do in packages that cost thousands. You could even produce yoyo model files compatable shapeways.com and get them 3d printed! I’m not sure how their materials would play, and you’d need to do some finishing, but I can’t see why you couldn’t produce a prototype with this method.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
How long do you think it would take me to get used to it, and start actually making design of yoyo?

That’s what I was thinking of when I said Gimp. lol

BLENDER!