Soft spin tops

I saw this (and snapped a pic) on the big screen at the last Worlds. It’s a soft squishable spin top I think. Does anyone know if these happened or was it a prototype? @AndreBoulay @YoYoExpertGarrett

2 Likes

I was there!

Here is a discussion on the Spin Top Forum about using a 3D printer to make these yourself: http://www.ta0.com/forum/index.php/topic,5962.0.html

I think there may be some other threads there as well, or you could ask about it.

2 Likes

That top was at Worlds 2019, ta0 (Jorge) brought a few of them printed in different infill percentages. I think he printed them. Since then, Relampago Spin Tops has printed a few larger TPU (flexible filament) spin tops that look pretty sweet. I have recently acquired a 3D printer but my focus right now is on a rigid plastic that is very durable called PETG. Also there is a rumor that some mad scientist in Kansas City that is working on printing 8" diameter TPU fixed tip tops, like, for sale and stuff.

6 Likes

Yo Chris! REALLY excited for your top. Glad to see you around I was just watching that video with you and Steve Brown the other day! Fun stuff!

1 Like

I heard the Kansas City tops come with all the tricks pre-installed.

1 Like