So what's the point?

i yoyo for the times when i have had a really stressful days and i can go outside and breath and throw…its gotten to the point where i think better yoyoing.

Now don’t quote me on this cause I’m not a rocket scientist but I am like 90% sure that that right there would be the point… correct me if I’m wrong.

When I fell like Fluffalo I just watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3fQOVr25s

2 Likes

This video has so much win, you dont even know it.

10x better that he got last place. I don’t think the freestyle appealed to the judges very well. ;D

This all day! 8)

he should’ve won, the judges were just jelly.

1 Like

I throw because it is fun and challenging to learn new tricks. I’m old and know i will never be pro or sponsored, but, showing my kids a trick that makes them say “that was cool” (the highest compliment a 12-year old gives her dad) makes it worth it.

2 Likes

I’ve been yoyoing for five years now (Its crazy, right?) and I yoyo for the fun of it and for the community. The people couldnt be more great and funny and all that jazz and the toy is just so wonderful and the possibilities are almost literally endless. It amazes me how many things people can do while remaining within the parameter that is the string length.

These five years havent been pointless. They’ve built my character and given me something to keep me from being bored.

If you think yoyos are pointless that is fine. One thing I’ve learned is that there are plenty of hobbies out there and oftentimes yoyos just arent for you. Try kendama. Try Juggling. Try photography. If you are looking at a hobby as a thing that will make you amount to something you are looking at a hobby the wrong way. Hobbies are for enjoyment. Hobbies are for meeting new people.

hobbies are swag

1 Like

i throw because its therapeutic. its the only thing that has kept my attention for 6 years. i get bored easily. but I’m never bored when yo-yoing. i just get lost when yo-yoing its a great distraction and break from daily pressures.

I envy those who have profitable pastimes. They’re kind of freaks though, so I pity them as well.

There’s a point to everything for everyone. Everyone has there ying and yang. Wether it’s skiing to baseball and yoyo ing theres something for everyone that makes them happy.

I yoyo just because it’s fun. I think it would be cool to be noticed or something, but in reality, I just do it because it makes me happy.

I used to feel the same way as OP about paintball. I spent a thousand dollars on a gun when I first decided to compete (trading for newer guns kept cost down when I needed to change guns) and multiple hundreds on gear required by sponsors every year, a thousand or two per year on entry and paint for events, about $150/weekend on paint and entry for practicing every weekend all year. I played through injuries, fought through frustration, spent money I couldn’t afford to spend, played with people I couldn’t stand to be around, had gear stolen, missed work and school, etc… just for the chance to be in a video, or move up a division.

In the end, I realized that I started playing because it was fun. I started competing because I thought it would be cool to be known, but putting myself through the ringer just to have a few people know my name just killed the fun. It seemed like a job more than an activity. So I quit competing regularly, I play the occasional local tournament, but I play for fun now. I just do it to make me happy, and if someone is like “You are good at this”, then good for me.

Yoyoing is simply escape. A way to kill time for many. But to few individuals, such as me and bcmaddog, the privilege is to create. To say “I want this yoyo on the market for others to enjoy.”

I yoyo because it makes me happy. It makes me forget my troubles, my midterms, and the stress of being in 8th grade. (I know, it’s HORRIBLE)

But I also wanted to spread it with the entire country. And show them how fun yoyo’s are, and what you can do with them.

“Life is like a yoyo. When you put the right spin on it, you can make it do whatever you like.” -Harrison Lee

Think so? Just wait until you see what’s coming down the road! :wink:

3 Likes

Hahahahaha (:

I’ve never known yoyoing to cause an existential crisis.

#firstworldproblems

J.K. all day. ;D