So I need to add 40 dollars to my cart?

Holding for now! But that is a day to day decision lol so who knows what tomorrow brings

3 Likes

Keep this thread going until every yoyo in the yye shop is recommended. I know it’s $60 more than you want to spend but check out the…

3 Likes

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/120-up-yo-yos-by-price-range/products/titanium-genesis-yoyo-by-yoyofactory?variant=32341434171466

7 Likes

Lol if nothing else its conversation

3 Likes

Hey if you spot me the rest to cover the ti genesis ill consider not buying all green yoyos :rofl:

3 Likes

No problem! :slight_smile:

Let me just go sell my car real quick!
lol

2 Likes

Nobody has said anything about the Bite Size, so let me tell you about my experience with it.

When I got mine, it was maybe the only yoyo I’ve received that I thought by rights I should ask for a refund. I’m not sure how it made it into production with the flaw it has.

If you look at the profile pic, you can see how there is a little gap between the main body and the section containing the response area. Not only does the string make an annoying click every time it bumps that area, but the string often gets caught in there briefly, and grinds against the sharp perpendicular cuts. This causes major spin kill, and chews the string right up in no time!

I definitely think this is a design flaw that could have, and should have been fixed preproduction.

I texted @yoyodoc to see if he has interested in hitting that section with a lathe to smooth it out. He suggested filling the space with a rubber band or o-ring. I used a Rainbow Loom rubber band, and later went the the hardware store and found an o-ring that fit.

Mo’s solution did work, especially the o-ring. It no longer noticeably clicks, slows down, or eats string.

Now this yo-yo is one that I probably won’t ever part with. Not because it’s one of my best or favorites, but because it’s unique. More than some, I do sometimes end up liking unique yo-yos as favorites, but most often they just help me stay interested, because they break up monotony.

The Bite Size is heavy, but doesn’t feel unwieldy. It’s a monster at finger spins! It’s obviously a strange yo-yo that won’t be to everyone’s taste, but for me it fits very nicely into my collection.

At $55-$65 for a US made yo-yo, with nice colorway options, I recommend it if you’re willing to make a trip to the hardware store.

5 Likes

Ty for that! Really appreciate the detail in that. It painted quite the clear picture!

Also as of now it was a Majesty that covered my 40… however forgot to order my bearing and axles so the problem still persists!

6 Likes

Haha the majesty is a great pickup, the essence is also really really good