So I need to add 40 dollars to my cart?

I have a 650b and love it, deep states seem to get mixed love but it is now on my list of considerations!

2 Likes

Also having never owned a top yo i have their entire catalogue on my list as well to look at

1 Like

Another vote here for the TopYo Silenus, I was just playing with one of mine today. I have four throws from TopYo and so far the Silenus is my favorite, nothing mind blowing just kind of a fun cheap yoyo, it’s also just one of my favorite looking designs.

2 Likes

You can get yourself high-end bearing removal tool from YYR :smiley:
Or, just get extra bearings. You definately can`t go wrong with more bearings!

I’m probably no fun, but as Ben Franklin said “A penny saved is a penny earned.” Even if shipping was $10, you still come out $30 ahead if you just buy what you need and pay for shipping.

I should probably cross post this to the unpopular opinion thread as well…

9 Likes

Lol no you aren’t wrong, and this is something I have considered but I wouldn’t mind getting a new yoyo, the getting to free shipping has just become my excuse

3 Likes

Oh my gosh :scream: $$55!!
It should massage my feet at that price :rofl::rofl:

I’m just getting a Silenus, it’s on the post but have nothing but good vibes from my topyos.
Silenus and another bearing dude sounds a good plan.
I will chuck the Dove in the ring too, food 4 thought.

2 Likes

My first yoyo was a Topyo Impulse I was gifted by a dude I barely knew, after we’d talked a few times and I mentioned I thought yoyo looked like fun. The yoyo community is the best.

I like the Impulse, but I honestly don’t think it’s anything super special. It’s a good mid-price, mid-performance throw imo. I think part of it is the finish, mine has a polished finish so it’s not very good at grinds or fingerspins. I really like doing grinds, so that’s kind of a big deal to me. And I will admit I’m probably a little biased against it since my bearing seized up and I had a very responsive yoyo for a while until I got that sorted. It was a good introduction to the world of yoyo, as it’s a good throw and good value for the price (Especially for me, free!). If they had a better finish on the newer version, that would go a long way to improve its standing in my eyes. And I’m not trying to say it’s a bad throw, I still use mine sometimes. But if I had an extra $50 to spend, it wouldn’t be my first choice.

I like the suggestion to get something different to try a new style, like 2A or 4A. You could grab a fixed-axle wooden yoyo to try, I’ve recently been considering one and a lot of people suggest the Legend Wing as a good inexpensive starter. Add a pack of cotton string, as I’ve heard YYE has good ones (haven’t tried them myself though). I don’t know what styles of yoyo you’ve tried but if you haven’t tried 5A I’d recommend getting a counterweight to mess around with. I really love my Raindrop, and I’ve heard good things about Porykon.

That’s just kind of my style of shopping, tbh. I like to pick lots of little things to get the most bang for my buck. Not so much now in the yoyo market, but back when I was really into cubing I’d much rather spend my money on several different good cubes and puzzles to mess around with different things, rather than spend it all on one top-of-the-line cube. Yoyos are a bit different, I’m more likely to spend more for a good yoyo but it can still be fun to grab some small things to try out.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Sorry this post got so long lol

6 Likes

Haha ty! This post is all about the discussion so glad to have you discuss your opinion. As far as styles I have been around a long long while so there isn’t much I haven’t tried. 4a is my biggest weakness for sure, but I have too many off strings because I think they are cool! I have really considered getting a new looping set. I keep looking at the c3 initiator sets as well as the something Lp sets. That grey in the Lp is so unique! I also am probably the only person who took a deep dive into fixed axle play and never bought a tmbr so I should probably look there as well lol

3 Likes

Silenus is right on your budget :wink:

3 Likes

If you don’t mind waiting a bit, the Unprld ReCognition is releasing tomorrow. Def one of my favorites in the $40 range.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t think you guys are in danger of running out of 12mms and A bearings so I have some time to wait!

2 Likes

I’m really, really happy with my YYF Horizon. I find the extra stability to be pretty helpful learning new tricks. I only wish I had been able to get the Galaxy colorway.

1 Like

I really like this one.

5 Likes

you could try out some strings…

i’m partial to yoyostringlab type x, and plutonium if you want thicker. if you toss a couple mfd vines, markmont cumulous/cirrus (or draken) and some gstring as well you’d have a good sample of some of the market right now

4 Likes

Yeah I haven’t tried many strings as of late. Most recent that I bought was probably airetics. Not a bad idea either!

2 Likes

Does anyone have this? If so, how do you like it?

1 Like

It was the first modern hybrid I purchased, and it led to me getting many more. I think its really good, lots of power and stability. Its probably my favorite of the iYoYo hybrids, definitely a bargain at $40.

4 Likes

Reminds me of a Marco shape wise! May be fun 5a as well!

Hey @lumanasty, you ever decide what to pick up? Or are you going to hold off from another big purchase for now?

2 Likes