So, have I just come up with the new BEST STRING? :D

So, I was wondering, can I just use fishing line of all things as a string for my yo-yo?

I would definitely not use fishing line, yo-yo strings are twisted in a somewhat specific way and fishing line can be dangerous as it would cut into your skin

3 Likes

Oh ye i forgot that fishing line can cut u : P

1 Like

No. You can make your own string out of different kinds of thread but I don’t think fishing line will work and it will hurt if you’re trying string tricks.

Do you need some yoyo string?
Can I ask how old you are?

I’m embarrassed to reveal my age (because I’m actually really young), but if ya wanna know plz reply

1 Like

There are different sorts of fishing line and as an avid fisherman, I can honestly say that this is something I have thought of before, but I think twisting and creating fishing line string would just be too difficult, and not to mention that the line would be too stiff or abbrasive as a yoyo string.

Note also, fishing line tends to get pretty pricy!

Better to invest in already made string, or take a try at making your own!

F̶̣͈̱̼̗͇̻̩̬̟̣̻͚̫͂͑̿͗ ̴͔̗͉̥̽́̋̏́͗̄̿̊͑̚I̴̯͚͖͚͚̤̦̣̺̞̻͙̙̼̭͐͆̃̍̊̏̋͆̅͋͊͝͠͝ ̴̢̨̳͉͈̙͙̣̣̗̖̗̂͐̉ͅ§̷̤̬͛̏̍͗̄̀̅́̏ ̷̛͍̝͎̹͇̦̗̯̭̖̞̆̓̐̈́̓̿̅̔́̕͝H̴͇̣̺͕͚̤͎͕̻̔̆̓̓̊̿̾͐͗͒̑̚͜͜͝͠

I’m not trippin too hard on it.

I was going to offer to send some string but it’s probably best to not share your address with strangers on the internet.

Do you live near a hobby lobby or a target? If you can come up with 6-7 bucks, you could pick up a whip from hobby lobby or a butterfly XT from target. Those will be a much better starting throw than an imperial. Imperials are notoriously difficult to do most tricks on.

I know, but my parent probably wont waste gas on a yo-yo. (and I cant drive there because, as I said, I am very young)

How much do those fancy metal yo-yos cost? (Responsive ones)

Hey, do you mind if i get your age??

Very old, relatively. I have two children of my own and they were both born when I was in my 30’s.

oh ok

You can get some relatively cheap metal yo-yos on the rainforest site. I would go with magic yoyo probably if you’re ordering from there. Honestly, I would wait to get a metal yoyo until you build your skills a little more. There are affordable plastic yo-yos that can do just about anything that a metal yoyo can. They hurt a tiny bit less when they hit you too.

like how good till it’s good for me to upgrade? i can do around the world effortlessly

yeah, im a beginner

2 Likes

Everyone has to start somewhere. My only advice is to find a good namebrand yoyo you really like, and if you have to save your money till you can afford it save instead of getting something off brand. I have 20 to 30 dollar off brand yoyos and I have 20 to 30 dollar name brand yoyos. The name brand yoyos are noticibly smoother and play better than the off brand equivalents. The yoyo expert store only sells name brand yoyos if you wonder what name brand yoyos are. There are other sites that may sell “off brand” yoyos that are made cheaper and are cheaper to buy than a name brand yoyo.

1 Like