So completely bummed right now...

Was that you saying you’re trying to make money off Levis designs?

You’re the one that offered up a statement saying you could do this kind of stuff- you should probably prove it before someone does try to pay you for it and they get pissed when it comes back looking sloppy as a mofo.

Guys, I can play like Yuuki, give me $150 and ill prove it.

TA’s at it again! Nice one… again lol! :smiley:

1 Like

I could careless who’s design it is. People want to run up the price of peaks then have something done for peanuts. Not anymore homie.

I use a difficult media to work with. Price reflects that. $150 will get you a response via pm.

Michael all I said was it can be done in powder coat. Then the babies started in.

TA, very nice. I could hear the beat (and the Warwick thumping along) while reading it.

As for recreating it, I wouldn’t care if someone could do an exact replica of it. To me it would suck if that happened. It would cheapen the true spirit of the original. People repro NES games all the time, and unless it is a release of something that was never released, I don’t touch it.

Everyone who doesn’t trust Bob like this is right, seeing as they have never worked with either and are judging based upon no evidence to back their claim.

Sounds good to me! ???

1 Like

Exact replica doesn’t need to be made but a similar inspiration piece could be made relatively easy and on any yoyo.

1 Like

If you guys haven’t noticed, a lot of people request Bob for Levi like projects on their peaks. But the thing is, while they are willing to pay 500 plus for a BEAT Levi painted peak, but less than $30 for a powder coated (which is a MUCH harder process) replica. That suggests that people think Bob is not nearly as skilled as Levi or his work isn’t worth nearly as much, when he is just as or more so.

1 Like

I agree, although I’ve never had a yoyo powder coated, I would definitely trust MB. Any time I have pm’ed him over anything he has always been very helpful.

Man those Peaks in that thread tho…

Plus, Bob’s work counts as a custom job, which rarely ups the price of an item. Actually, yoyos that have a custom job done on it usually go down on value. Levi’s paint jobs don’t count since they come like that by default and he’s well known FOR making the Peak design.

I’m new to this special custom work scene and i would like to ask a question isn’t anodizing better than powder coating and if so how much would it cost?

This argument has been gone over plenty of times

I’m just gonna say that each have their pros and cons and it’s best to take a look at past threads regarding this matter in order to not get too off topic.

As for the $150 bob I would like to note that Levi’s site is still up and although it was a while back he was charging $120 (the more detail requested the more it cost) per paint job but would only do custom peak designs. No exact replicas of the OG in order to maintain originality. I’m not saying your work isn’t as good but to a collector I think Levi’s stuff holds more meaning since he did the original peaks as well as the 2nd run peaks sold on ebay.

There will always be the stigma attached with Levi’s items. It is a piece of history and his work is the pinnacle of painted throws.

With that said it is paint. I’d like to see someone notable do it in powder coat to see what they think it would be worth.

I had a relentless amount of inquiries about OG items done in powder. With the powder being a difficult media and coupled with doing someone else’s design I felt the price should reflect it.

The look of paint is unmatched, even though it may be the easiest method to work with. Nothing can beat those peaks. I personally liked the Iron Maiden Peak.

I really want to see someone replicate the OG peak design with a teflon coat. I think that’d be an interesting throw and completely unique

I had plans to do my peak in the “plaid” og version. Not sure what it was called.

Plaid.