So apparently Eric Koloski brought 4 different yoyos onto stage

just for lulz
has this ever happened before at a major contest for a sponsored player

So is it 2 regens, a space cowboy, and a toohot?

4good6us

Did he actually use the regen?

He didn’t have a switchout, so he was using the toohot the whole time. I’m really curious what the clear yoyo is. If it really is a Regen, that would be awesome. A clear regen would be really cool.

That would be cool, I couldnt see the regen actually being used in a comp tho.
I know that YYF said that the regen will not be released in the same colorway as the mystery box. Which I know POM can be done in white and then dyed any color. But can POM even be done clear?

Eric usually does this. Has been for years now.

Is there any reason you can’t see the Regen being used in competition? I think it’s plenty capable. I think it plays better than my Shaqlerstar, and Jensen used the Northstar (basically same thing) to win a couple years ago.

competition yoyo : fast,stable,longspin
regen: relaxed,stable-ish,medium spin

1 Like

in my personal opinion the weight distribution is the main reason. It is decent in relaxed play as stated above. But in a fast paced competition setting it would not be the best choice.

Guys, if a yoyo spins, it can be perfectly fine for competition. I could still use the yyj classic in competition with no problem whatsoever.

It’s the PLAYER, not the yoyo. EK is a great PLAYER, so it doesn’t matter what yoyo he uses. Also, the REGEN is VERY GOOD. If you can’t do a combo on it, that is YOUR FAULT. I am not at all surprised that EK brought it on stage.

4 Likes

I understand the point you are trying to make, but let’s be realistic, nobody is taking a 63g classic to any high stakes comp. what it all comes down to is not leaving room for error. There is enough room for error in the player, why leave room for error in his throw?
I could kill someone with a .22 but I’m surely not going to take one on the battlefield

1 Like

Philip’s brother does it all the time…

And I’m sure you can kill people with other things too.

1 Like

Do you have a video of him using a YYJ Classic at nationals

1 Like

EDIT: ninja’d

I’ve seen Eric do STOOPID things on a Classic. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s used one on stage before, though I don’t know offhand if he has. Won’t happen again while he’s with YYF anyhow, but it would be interesting to find out if he has in the past. :wink:

Eric will be the very first person to tell you that the yoyo isn’t all that important. I think the selection of “mismatched” yoyos only proves that. And I’ll tell you what: I ain’t going up against Eric in a yoyo battle. :wink:

“Competition” yoyos… I’m not going to play dumb-- I do know what’s meant by that term and I use it sometimes, too, but in the end it’s pretty silly. How many people have competed using supposedly “slow, heavy” yoyos? Fast and light but with long spin time is a recent invention and myth for what drives “competition” design, and I suspect that the top players of the world don’t buy into it.

It wouldn’t take long for a keen person to develop a list of slow heavy yoyos that have been used in competition in recent memory. I myself don’t have the knowledge to watch a competition and identify every yoyo used, but no doubt you’re going to find tonnes.

1 Like

Classic is 65.5g

It’s whatever doe. The Yoyoer is still the most important factor. Then judges/judging criteria. Environment and performing grounds might come after that. Also proper prep before the contest is important too. Then I guess the yoyo rounds out fifth in the importance chart.