Sniffy-Yo Puffin Review

I just posted my Puffin review video at: http://www.sniffy-yo.com/2012/11/puffin-review.html

Now to send it on to the contest winner in England

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

…me! ;D

Yep.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Chris is also sending you the box and stickers separately, the review unit was sent to me while the boxes were still being printed.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

When do they drop?

cant wait to get my hands on one!!

I’m not sure exactly, but if they’re on schedule it should be really soon

I loved that bit of humor at the end about the desk, made me giggle lol!

Nice

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

When are these expected to be available? It looks like the perfect throw for me.

I’m not entirely certain. It must be really soon though. I know Chris was waiting on the boxes to be printed…

They should be up any day now!!! I love mine!!! The width, diam and weight are just excellent in my opinion!!! Too me its a “fun” throw. Not all crazy performance/stage worthy (although it would do just fine) it’s just “chill” which I love. The Cascade has a similair feel to me. The specs of the Cascade and Puffin are close but they play different. Both are super chill throws though. I love the Puffin!!! And the feel in the hand is to die for!!

I saw André post on Facebook that it was going to be either Thursday or Friday that they were dropping.

[quote=“mgiroux77,post:12,topic:44945”]
They should be up any day now!!! I love mine!!! The width, diam and weight are just excellent in my opinion!!! Too me its a “fun” throw. Not all crazy performance/stage worthy (although it would do just fine) it’s just “chill” which I love. The Cascade has a similair feel to me. The specs of the Cascade and Puffin are close but they play different. Both are super chill throws though. I love the Puffin!!! And the feel in the hand is to die for!!
[/quote

That Puffin looks great!! Nice Pic’.

Can the Puffin perform as well as say, the Chief? Or is it a throw for normal play like the Canvas?

^I tried it at worlds and I think that’s all a matter of preference and skill level. Obviously the Chief is designed more for competition than the Canvas, but I think they both perform equally well. I think the Puffin falls somewhere in between the Chief and the Canvas in terms of being a competitive throw. But Palli’s been using it for contests, so, again, it’s more a matter of preference.

Regarding this, I just opened mine up and all I can say is wow. It’s both. I mean, yeah…this thing is a beauty. I don’t really know how to describe it other than say it’s some piece of ridiculous genius. Everything posted on Sniffy-yo is accurate. It’s hoppy like the Marmot was, it is compact, fits in the hand perfectly. The smaller diameter with the Chief-esque rings turn this yoyo into something I was not expecting and cannot really be described until one actually gets to play this return top. It is unique in the world of CLYW throws and the world of yoyos in general. I don’t think I’m going to bed tonight.

The packaging deserves its own review and its own award. Chris always goes all out with his boxing and the Puffin artwork by Jason Week surrounding the standard CLYW box is THE BEST packaging to ever surround a throw. Amazing.

Yeah. Chris has really succeeded in his packaging design and branding.

I know what you mean, I had a bit if a time being able to put the puffin characteristics into words as well. It’s got so many great design characteristics that come together to make the whole.