Slow throws

Any yoyos out there that you feel force you to take a breather and throw in a much slower pace?

2 Likes

My Recess/Zeekio Quiz, RSO The End pt. II, and TopYo Cloud all sort of fit the bill for me. The GWAY Saboteur is also a nice relaxed throw.

5 Likes

Now I regret not getting the end part 2😅

1 Like

Momento, Boa, and Contact

2 Likes

OD OG Downbeat

3 Likes

While the end part 2 is nice I think it’s over hyped. Also I tend to throw my wood yoyos at a slower pace (unresponsive or fixed).

2 Likes

The Peak… she’s a big ol’ slow cruisin bruiser but I love it

3 Likes

Ive been pondering getting some a-rt wood stuff. Probably will hop in the next time jensen makes some!

I think the end p2 has a lot of nostalgia behind it so people like it.

1 Like

My first metal yoyo was a bapezilla in 2006 and I tried to get an original end a bunch of times so I get the nostalgia, but the end pt2 just wasn’t worth keeping at least for me. @Upmanyu

2 Likes

I agree. It’s a very pretty, well-executed yoyo, but it doesn’t feel all that special on the string. Then again, I came into owning one with a very critical mindset and I’m not getting rid of mine yet, for whatever that’s worth. Maybe the nostalgia trip does it for me. I always avoided Anti-Yo back in the day due to the issues with the axle setup, so I kind of jumped at the opportunity to grab a refined version of the Eetsit/Bape line. I’d love to hunt down an OG Side Effects YWET when I have the funds to spare.

2 Likes

I gave my Hulk Smash Peak to a buddy as a parting gift when we moved away for college… and he traded it almost immediately. Still mad at him for it, lol.

2 Likes

Oof. This is just my opinion, but I think it’s pretty messed up to sell/trade things you get as gifts, and it’s kinda sad he did it on something so expensive - that was pretty generous of you!

1 Like

Eh, I think it was worth maybe 80 bucks at the time. Given how many second runs were being traded around and rumors of a third run, I don’t think either of us could have predicted what it would be worth 12 years later. That said, I am generally of the same opinion. But I’m still lugging around a bunch of useless crap with sentimental value, so maybe my pal was just ahead of the curve on downsizing.

4 Likes

OD Par Avion

3 Likes

Quoting A-RT website and I can attest as I just copped one… " The 420 performs better at low rpm’s than anything else my aging delicate hands has ever tried; making it delectably suitable for executing pure finesse."

6 Likes

Second the 420 and 420L.

I’ll also add the C3 Mega Crash. I’m reusing my verbiage from a while ago, but it plays like a '92 Suburban. I love it. Especially fun for 5a.

2 Likes

Oh Im glad I nabbed one then! Should be able to play with it soon!:relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

It’s design is from ages ago, so agreed that no one should think it’s a performance monster, but it brings back such good feelings and can tackle everything I have to throw at it in a chill laid back way

It checks all the boxes for me, but yeah, no one should hype it as a performance machine to win contests unless your skills are God like, lol

2 Likes

it’s a fun cruiser

2 Likes

420 is deff a slow and mellow throw. It’s absolutely amazing!

5 Likes