Slithering Hippo Aa7: A High Speed YoYo Review

Slithering Hippo has been around for a little while now but has, at this point, only released one yoyo, the featherweight Delrin known as The Answer. I reviewed The Answer several months back and thought it was a fun and novel yo-yo but it ended there, as a very well playing novelty. Today I am looking at the next yo-yo from Slithering Hippo, the Aa7. It is the first aluminum yo-yo from the company and in keeping with their mantra of giving something different and unique to the community, the Aa7 is a beefcaked, A-Bearing, midsized yo-yo. Now, I was a little apprehensive when I heard this. My last experience with a beefcaked yo-yo was the Werrd TFL and I was less that enthused. Any yo-yo that is so loud that it makes my dog tuck tail and run from the room is not something I want to play. I should mention that this is not hyperbole; my dog at the time 130-pound bloodhound was actually scared of the TFL. Now we get to see if the Aa7 is another banshee, a mute, or something in between.

Click here to continue reading the review.

Gimmegimmegimme

Uh, don’t look now, but I think you may be off on the price, by maybe 50 on the short side.

I have seen the Aa7 for 109, but I sure have not seen it for 60’ unless it was//is on sale.

1 Like

The price was slashed and is only 60$ until there are gone from what I have seen.

Shhhhhhhhhh don’t tell them… They’re all mine.

Great review as usual! I can see slithering hippo becoming a great new company, like what happend to gsquared and square wheels.

I want one bad