Slipknot is too tight

(Sorry if my english is bad)
Im new to this and i tried to do a slipknot but after 3 throws my finger looked like this and hurt really bad anyone know how to stop this?

3 Likes

You can try moving it up or down on your finger. If it still hurts you can try using finger tape. Looks like you could also use a string change too. If you try it with a fresh string it might feel better. The slipknot itself should never be that tight around your finger because it kind of auto adjusts. Can you show how you tied it? That may be the problem.

3 Likes

Looks like you need a new string. That one is all dirty and tightly wound.

4 Likes

Keep throwing is the best advice. Take frequent breaks, but eventually your finger will get tougher and it won’t hurt at all. A new string might help a tiny bit, too.

2 Likes

Welcome! You can try something like this and that should help.

You can also make the loop when you first tie the string very large so that it goes around and over the knot and that will cause less pressure. You can also get yoyo tape or medical tape and that can help. The strings tight grip on your finger goes away once your finger builds up calluses.

4 Likes

after a while, you’ll develop a callus that helps
To prevent it: what I did when I started was I just wore a band aid around it, and that really helped

2 Likes

I played til the string cut my finger and then yelled at my finger thats what it gets for being weak and didnt stop until my string was stained crimson…blood in, blood out baby!

Seriously though that’s true up til the cut. After that i wrapped it in self adhesive tape (which seems to be what theyre calling “yoyo tape”) for a day. Callus is quick to form like others have said and it becomes a non issue

1 Like

This. That string needs replaced.

1 Like

Tape
Also it hurts less if you tie it closer to the stump of your finger but gives you less control, it’s a tradeoff

are you wearing the yoyo on your index or middle finger?

I was never a fan of the band slipknot either.

3 Likes