Slack Trapeze

Hey guys, having trouble with one part to this trick. I can get the slack over the yoyo perfectly, it’s just that when I roll it, it does not end up in a regular trapeze like it is supposed to. I know he mentioned that a regular roll wont do it and that your hand has to follow the yoyo, but I don’t know what he means by that. I end up in a weird, backwards trapeze.

You have to swing the yoyo over both of your hands. Normally, it would swing over your freehand and land inbetween your two hands. Here, the yoyo has to go over both hands. Video:

http://vimeo.com/2272679

That’s strange, I still end up in that weird, backward trapeze. The funny thing though, is that it worked once out of about the 20 times I just tried right now. I don’t know how, but it just happened. Same procedure, moves, etc. One thing I did notice though was that when it hooked onto the yoyo it looked a little different. Maybe when I throw the slack into the yoyo I’m hooking it wrong somehow?

Sounds like you’re hooking the back of the loop instead of the front. It causes the string to position itself differently around the yoyo.

http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/videos/whips/slack-trapeze

Keep practicing getting that front string to hit and you’ll have it in no time.

This is a simple fix i had this problom when i was learning it i finnaly got it after watching tons of videos then i finnaly got so instead of you having to watch all those videos i did i will simly tell you wat your doing wrong. so you said you are ending up in a backwards trapeze when you do the roll. All you have to do is when you do do the roll over your hand is put both hands together and swing it over your non through hand and through hand in stead of jst your through hand so that you end up in a trapeze i hope this helped you should be able to get it now.

Actually, the problem was I was hooking the string on the yoyo the wrong way. I didn’t realize that the whip was supposed to come around the whole yoyo so I ended up in a very similar position, but there was no possible way to roll into a regular trapeze from it. Now I’m having trouble whipping it on the yoyo the right way. I always miss, any tips on how to get it? I can only get it when I actually suspend the yoyo in the air and I put it in position by moving the string and placing it under the yoyo with my other hand, lol.

The 2 things that helped me land it was to check my string tension and when the slack gets like on 1 half of thee yoyo or closs to it is to release the slack onto your pointer. hope this helps.

Alright, I’ve got this trick down now. Thanks for all the help you guys!

No problem.