Skiing and Snowboarding Thread

Anybody else here ski/snowboard?

Im leaving tomorrow for a week in Colorado, and was wondering if anyone else on the forum enjoys snow covered mountains.

5 Likes

I bet @skitrz will love this thread…

3 Likes

Based on that avatar I wouldnt be surprised. Ive been a skier for over 20 years now, and love it. Im bringing my newest yoyos: Deep State and my Swirl Web Banshee, though not sure how much time ill have to throw.

1 Like

Ski every day, all day! I’ve missed a total of four weeks during season since I was twelve. It’s snowed for several days now and tomorrow, sunshine is forecasted. Knee deep pow today! Yep, awesome! @eternalmetal Where in Colorado are you headed?

4 Likes

Going to Crested Butte. Haven’t heard many of my friends talk about it, but our ski group decided to go here this year. Looks like it has potential, im sure its great.

And damn, i never had the time to go that much. Been skiing for over 20 years, and nowadays im lucky to get more than 10 days in, but i still consider it my favorite hobby. Im more of an off piste skiier than a park guy, but i do enjoy both. Less jumping now because its more dangerous.

Where do you usually go?

CB is one of my favorite mountains and the storms this year have been piling it up, should be epic over there. Looks like a blue bird week ahead as well.

Hoping to enjoy at least a weekend at Bear Valley this year. Would love to snowboard more often.

1 Like

If you are driving through Breckinridge on your way there, there is an awesome YoYo strore in Breck.

3 Likes

I sled with a flexible flier… I’ll just go.

Crested Butte is quite fun. I’m a few hours out from CB.

I instruct and ski at Telluride. Usually when I go elsewhere, I choose to go to Silverton. Both are quite unique with Silverton requiring complete avalanche gear.

3 Likes

That store is loco

2 Likes

I snowboard, Mount Snow usually since it’s the closest. Only made it out 4 times so far this year, but I have a few more weekends planned.

5 Likes

I snowboard though I haven’t had much of a year because of work might try and go for our anniversary in March

I snowboard as well! I have lived at a ski resort town my whole life, went to college here and now I’m a full time snowcat operator at Mammoth Mountain :ok_hand:t4: I’ve gotten a couple good pictures of some yo-yos with groomers in the back! Hoping to get more now that I’ve gotten back into it!

4 Likes

Just got back, and yes, CB was quite fun indeed. Our last day there was a beautiful powder day, and unfortunately we had to leave. They are getting dumped on right now, and im back home :frowning:

Nice, I love Mount Snow. Got my biggest air ever at that place (80 foot table) back when I was still into park stuff.

Sorry for the belated replies, but I don’t browse forums on vacation.

2 Likes

I do both, but prefer snowboarding! I live 20 minutes from big cottonwood canyon, and regularly go to Brighton and Solitude!

3 Likes

I wish I lived in the mid-west where amazing skiing was just an hour or so drive away. But that altitude, my God. I live at 900 feet above sea level, so something like 9300 base altitude makes me short of breath just walking.

1 Like

Midwest is good for skiing and snow boarding because of the proximity and decent snow, but verticals are generally 300-400 ft. 600 ft is a rarity and feels spectacular. Of course this assume by midwest you are referring to Minnesota, Wisconsin or similar areas which are normally referred to as midwest.

1 Like

Im referring to the grail of the US, which is basically Utah and Colorado. Most mountains in this area are high as ■■■■■ and breathing at high altitude is intense.

1 Like

Ummm, yeah, that’s really far from the true midwest. That is the west as far as we’re concerned.