Size of YoYo string

I really wanted to know what should be the size of my Yo To string
Everyone tell to adjust it to your height but I don’t think that professional yo-yoers do that I saw the video of WEIRD titled 26 levels of yoyo tricks and Harrison Lee (who taught in that video) had a string which looked a bit oversized about 10-20 cm more than the standard belly button size

My height is about 5 ft 6.5 inches 168 cm
Its kind of short

So what should be the size of the string as I am not beginner anymore and have short string while doing some intense string tricks

Thank you

2 Likes

Just experiment with different lengths and find one that is perfect for YOU and works best for the tricks you do or want to do.

4 Likes

This is something I’m thinking a lot about myself. As I start to learn stuff like Double or Nothing I find it gets really tight. I’m 6’1", so just above the belly button isn’t that short, but it seems like everyone else uses a string that must be 8 feet long.

As @ChrisFrancz says you have to find the length that works for you. What I’m doing is gradually increasing the length of the string each time I change them. That will, hopefully, allow me to adjust without throwing the yoyo into the floor

2 Likes

i’ll usually use the bellybutton to foot measurement.

mgodzilla

sunny…

Just kind of depends. When you are learning tricks with lots of wraps extra length may be helpful but over time you get used to it. I’ve been playing with a standard (for me) length of string so long I’m afraid to change it because I would bash all my yoyos into the ground.

1 Like

So I’m giving you a tip if you like fast play , hooks ,brent and reverse brent stoles and horizontal tie it 0-2 inches over your bellybutton ( also if you practice hooks it’s way easier wit short string) when you make really tecky tricks like candy rain and co I would recommend about 4-5 maybe even 6 inches over your bellybutton but try out both. I also always have on longer one shorter and about 10 uncut string in my back when I go out because I always switch between them depending what I’m practicing. When I try to make a hooks and Bret stole combo I usually use short string for long tecky combos long string and if there is a hook in the combo I sometimes make some wraps around my fingers