Ok, first I would like to thank YoBrandon and Stevenyoyos and Phiz for their support in making this happen. Brandon especially walked me through the process. I think I would have trashed my Lyn Fury otherwise.
So, Monday night I got the bright idea to try to put some silicone into the grooves of my Lyn Fury. It has been too responsive lately and I couldn’t think of another way to fix it. (I had already tried cleaning the bearing. The bearing is nice and fast and clean, but the yoyo is still responsive).
Anyway, so I went at it, live in the chat room. I am happy to report that the operation seems to be a success. The sili is drying now. I will report back tomorrow about how it plays.
In the meantime, I took some pictures for you all to see.
The first one is a mess. I used way too much silicone and had to wipe it off. I used my finger at first (with a glove on), but that took too much off. I added more sili and scraped it down with an old credit card.
Second and third image are the completed job.
about 24 hours later… the sili came out pretty good. The yoyo is pretty responsive for now, but I am assured that it will break in over the next few days. Also, the sili should last 6 months or so… I guess that will depend.
Anyway, I’m glad I did it. Thanks again to everyone for their help!
Erik (formerly JoeSchmo)