siliconed flea responsive

my flea was siliconed and it is flush. It is not breaking in. it is too responsive. how do I break in silicone faster? It is hitting my knuckles it is that responsive. no there is no silicone in the bearing or seat. >:( :’(

I have looked through all the posts and could not find any thing. I also tried using denim and it took too long.

Did ou just look I the bearing seat or actually touch/scratch it? Silicone is pretty much invisible when it dries.

You should also clean the bearing, as it will cause your yoyo to be more responsive then the response system ever will. If this doesn’t help at all you don’t ry have a choice but to keep playing the yoyo.

1 Like

I touched the seat and there was no silicone in it and my bearing is already clean

Clean it again.

2 Likes

When you silicone your flea, it should not be flush(nor should any other yoyo be when siliconed). Make sure you do this in a well lit area. You might want to check your work with a very bright flashlight. The white LED one’s rock. I am getting a tri-color one soon because the different colors can help see some things easier. You may have also gotten silicone in the bearing seat, which is common silly stuff that happens. Just be diligent and clean it all out.

I also agree about cleaning the bearing. It can never hurt.

1 Like

for some reason the silicone came out and before that when I looked at the silicone little pieces came out so thanx everybody

it has now one side sili’d and one side response pad. it is mostly unresponsive unless you tug it super hard. yet it binds really nicely.

Nice!

I had some great results with using recessed red RTV gasket maker in both sides. Definitely blows the stock Kentaro pads out of the water.

BUMP

What’s your point. Apparently no one has the answer you want, nor is anyone else making suggestions in over a week.

I will make one comment and that is that 99% of a yoyo being responsive is in the bearing condition. Too much lube will cause it to be responsive. Nobody mentioned this above, but you seem to have ignored it. How much is too much? whatever it takes to make it feel responsive to you.

Edit:
No need to lock it, just as there was no need to bump it…

ok sorry. I am new here. thanks for understanding.