Silenus came back to life

I broke this yo-yo (Silenus) almost the same day I got it. Didn’t even have it for a week. I dented the part where the bearing sits on the yo-yo last year of march or feburary, I forgot. Using pliers.

Many months later, I decided today to test it because i never got to use it. It works again and the dent is gone.

Good thing I didn’t throw it away, the yo-yo wouldn’t spin anymore after that dent!

Dents do move back after a while??

Took me years to learn that soaking 6061 in water overnight pops all the dents and dings out!

Who knew!

2 Likes

I do not think dents move back after a while. But I’m no AL expert.

3 Likes

This is not true.

Dent, dings, scratches won’t go anywhere with soaking in water.

@Boingy-Boing-Help your dent didn’t magically disappear. I bet you damaged the original bearing. Putting a new one in helped.

5 Likes

The yo-yo elf broke into your house and replaced the silenus with thhe exact same color, and used your string. He was careful to place it exactly where you left it. Once he took my good yo-yos and replaced with dented ones, he’s sneaky that way :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The toothpaste may have fixed the dent.

4 Likes

Dental work?

1 Like

That comment was for sure tongue in cheek

3 Likes

Read higher up!

1 Like

I actually never used tooth paste on the silenus, i broke the yo-yo too early (bearing seat) to learn about the paste making the yo-yo shiny. Depending on which one you use, it might make it dull. Ultra bright was what I used on my butterfly xt.

No, I’m using a old bearing. Bearing seat was dented almost to the axel, it was beyond repair basically. Left it on a ziplock bag last year of march. Took it out today to mess around with it and ALMOST works like new.

The dent is gone, but sometimes you can hear the Bearing scratch against the side. I did the gerbil trick on it, thankfully it’s useable.

Glad I didn’t throw it away. I lost the bearing a long time ago when it fell on the bathroom sink. So I’m using the one that came with the echo 2.

It sleeps longer then the echo 2, so it’s good enough for me. Then again… my echo 2 had tooth paste on it for more then 3 months. I don’t do it anymore though.

It was fun pasting when I was learning boingy boing. Gave me more motivation to keep trying. The yo-yo would sometimes look like it’s alive and in 3D,

It looks better then when I first got it :slight_smile:

I don’t know what you’re Smokin’?

But if you see Jimi Hendrix, tell him he still owes me $20.

PS… I started attending a Welding Trade School called Harbor Occupational when I was a teenager. Aluminum quickly became my favorite metal to work with. For the last 50+ years I have been working with most ‘non-exotic’ metals.

I am not a Metallurgist, but I know ‘some stuff’ when it comes to metal.

Dents don’t magically remove themselves.

Unless Magic runs in your family.

Your story does sound funny though, lol

7 Likes

Yoyo fairy came in the night and replaced it with a new one. Just like the Hamster fairy after Buttons, the teddy bear hamster, stopped running for three days.

Don’t get me started on the cabal of fairies that ‘fix’ goldfish too.

Ok, jokes aside… what’s this tooth paste thing???

It lowers sleep times somehow?

Are the bearings being soaked in toothpaste?

What is the benefit to covering your yoyo in toothpaste?

Who tried putting toothpaste on a yoyo in the first place?

Just Why???

This leaves me with so many more questions than answers…

3 Likes

It’s the current version of the catsup mod!

2 Likes

for the uniinitiated:

4 Likes

Some years ago I used to get paid to put my teeth under my pillow.

I put toothpaste all over those teeth regularly.

Putting toothpaste on objects must increase their value.

I’m going to head to the bank and see what I can get for a Crest-soaked twenty.

That video screams 2004

2 Likes

I had a yoyo’s vibe automatically decreased after playing more and more :o kinda weird stuff

That’s probably just you becoming used to the vibe, just like how playing with a super light yoyo like the YYF 44 will make every yoyo that’s normal feel like a brick.

1 Like